Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Great spots near Broadbeach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great spots near Broadbeach

Hey Qlanders!
    I'm in Broadbeach for a work conference for the week. Will have the day free on Friday to head out with my camera and was wandering if there's any great 'must see' places around the area anyone can recommend for photo op's?

Thanks guys!
    Tania

CC always welcome http://www.taniafernandesphotography.com.au/
    Canon 5d iii, Canon 7d, 50 f/1.8 II, 85 f/1.8, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, 100 f/2.8 USM Macro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surfers Paradise police station is always interesting on Friday nights. Alternately, go to the top of Q1 at Broadbeach, the tallest residential building in the southern hemisphere. Great viewing platform and good coffee.
    Photojournalist | Filmmaker | Writer | National Geographic | Royal Geographic

D3x and other gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burleigh Heads or Currumbin at Sunrise, Currumbin Valley, The Gold Coast hinterland with all the water falls, The Tweed Valley, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Movie World, Seaworld, Dreamworld, You do get some good shots in and around the Q1 , BTW Welcome to the Goldie Tania
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! Will let you know how I go! BTW u guys have some great weather here

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update after returning home. Well we (mum and I) decided to head to Mt Tamborine for the day on Friday...and we managed to get a few hours of sunshine and a few shots before it absolutely bucketed down!!! Guess I jinxed the weather Ended up with a sore throat on Friday...and to my horror...my eardrum perforated on the flight home Was definitely a memorable trip, I've been home recovering and haven't had a chance to upload any shots, but will do so as soon I get rid of this bug.

Thanks for info on locales, GC really is a beautiful place, am hoping to head back up during summer for a proper conference free holiday (as long as my ear heals properly that is)