User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Where is the best place to buy a Canon 7D???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Where is the best place to buy a Canon 7D???

Hey everyone,

Well after doing some research and also help from fellow members on here my Nikon D60 isn't up the standard for shooting what I want with the lens I have decided to go with so have to upgrade and with good reviews on the Canon 7D I have jumped the band wagon to Canon.

Chasing the body only at the moment but if there is a good deal with the two lens's below I'll look at it.
    24-70mmf/2.8
    70-200mmf/2.8

If people could please let me know that would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Barnzy
    Last edited by barnzy; 04-09-2011 at 2:50am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Barnzy
    got mine from DWI good price and exceptional delivery service by DHL
    Wayne

Canon 7D and stuff
    Olympus OMD - EM10

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34371137@N03/

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try looking at the sponsors link at the bottom of the page that way the site gets something from your purchase. this helps keep the site going too.
    Keith.
    Last edited by Speedway; 04-09-2011 at 10:37am.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No matter where you get it from, the week after someone will have a better deal on it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is Digital World International a grey seller or do you get Australian warranty with em?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyza View Post
    is Digital World International a grey seller or do you get Australian warranty with em?
    Grey. And with the recent changes by Canon, to it's warranties, anything purchased grey will not be covered by Canon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you please explain what you mean by 'grey' seller?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie girl View Post
    can you please explain what you mean by 'grey' seller?
    Grey means not bought via the Canon Australia channels. So say you found an internet site in Hong Kong and bought your camera from them directly. That is grey. It is not supplied via the official supply channels in the country you live. Grey equipment (it is not just cameras) often have limited or no warranty via the manufacturing company. So you could not take a camera purchased in Hong Kong to Canon Aus/Nikon Aus etc and expect it to be repaired under a warranty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always took a "grey" import to mean a genuine article, but not one supplied by a local official distributor of the product.

So the trade off for a cheaper price is that you may not get warranty claims honoured here.

I've bought a camera, lens and few smaller articles this way. Every individual parcel has been under the $1000. No issues so far.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 12 month warranty on my 7D bought grey. Warranty can be either here in Australia or via company of purchase. As with all poducts the seller will return any faulty items to the manufacturer if they purchased from them. Likewise if I sell my goods to HK they still have manufactures' warranty. The warranty is for faulty manufacture. It would be advisable to check these terms before purchase though. That is my personal experience with purchasing grey items. And of course Canon Aust are controlling the prices to Aust deliveries so we the consumer pay more. for information cheers
    " Grey equipment (it is not just cameras) often have limited or no warranty via the manufacturing company."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased my 7D from DWI aswell and purchased a 3 year Mack Diamond warranty along with it. So far I haven't had to claim from Mack but a friend of mine has and haven't had any issues. Get a quote from Canon Australia for the repair, send Mack the quote and get it authorised. You have to pay for it first and then they refund the money to you, which took about a month.
    Kenny

CC welcome and appreciated.

Canon 7D, EF-S 15-85 f/3.5-5.6, EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM II, EF 50 f1.8 II, 580EX II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
    I purchased my 7D from DWI aswell and purchased a 3 year Mack Diamond warranty along with it. So far I haven't had to claim from Mack but a friend of mine has and haven't had any issues. Get a quote from Canon Australia for the repair, send Mack the quote and get it authorised. You have to pay for it first and then they refund the money to you, which took about a month.

I agree with Kenji. Mack Diamond Warranty is the best thing for Grey. I purcahsed my 7D with DWI as well but it decided to give up 10 months in. Had to drop it at their office in Sydney and wait about a whole month for the body to come back. When it did come back, the body was not assembled properly (can feel some body parts out of alignment) and my focusing screen was dirty as hell. I decided not to pursue the matter as it'll take too long for anything to be done again.

With Mack Diamond warranty you're covered by Canon Australia in a sense. Although that said, i remember reading somewhere that the first year is still covered by DWI still. Don't quote me on that and do some research on that matter. Cost of adding on the Warranty brings the price closer to buying local (if you get great prices locally) but with the added benefit of 2 additional years warranty.
    Last edited by KeeFy; 07-09-2011 at 12:13pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top Buy are also quite cheap with good service too.
    I've bought lot of stuff off them and never had a problem.
    They also offer warranties.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.