User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: DLNA - streaming media standard and wirless transmission devices such as WFT-E5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DLNA - streaming media standard and wirless transmission devices such as WFT-E5

I don't have a wireless transmitter yet, but I plan on getting one for the 7D (WFT-E5). I want to use it in conjunction with an iPad for my commercial shoots.

Has anyone got one of these wireless transmitters? Do you have any experiences to share?

I am particularly interested in this DLNA capability that comes with the EFT-E5. Does anyone know if that will stream VIDEO (as well as images)? I'll hunt down the manual, but I'm still interested in general shared experiences.

I had a look at the Eye-Fi option, but I hear the CF adapter has complications, and besides, I don't want to restrict my flash memory options so I am going with the expensive (and reliable) option. I may get the Eye-Fi option for my 500D as a secondary option.
    I probably spend far too much time on FB
    http://www.facebook.com/spasmoid

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hey,

Can I make a suggestion here? You are asking lots of questions in various threads. AP is about giving and taking. How about giving some feedback to others, answering some other members questions as well. You will find everyone gets sick of giving you answers and getting nothing back, very fast. So join in, help others as well.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, it can't.

A quick google search gives the user manual at:
    http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/030000.../wft-e5-en.pdf

And page 67 says "Note that RAW images and movies cannot be displayed."

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Scott.

Handy to know. If I need this solution, it might have to be via a box that accepts HDMI.

Thanks for the suggestion Rick. This is only my second question, but I will keep what you said in mind. I am usually pretty good with giving as much as (or more than) I take when it comes to forums and the like and it is early days but I appreciate your sensitivities and understand where you are coming from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there Spas M
    I have both the 7d and the WFT E5 As yet I haven't tried to stream video, if you like I will check through the manual. What interests me the most is being able to wirelessly send images to an ipad. I haven't hadvthe time to sit down and get that workingbyet, but I have had the wft connected to a laptop through a router, worked really well. I see your post was some time ago, whatbdid you end up doing?
    Cheers. Phil