User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Birders and snakes in Perth

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birders and snakes in Perth

Just a word of warning to birders and others who venture into our bush, especially off track. We have had a lot of rain in Perth, and the bush is very thick with grass, particularly around our swamp areas.

I have already seen snakes on the move. Seen a huge tiger snake laying in the water, I didn't hang around to get his picture as he was very close as I walked past.

I think this season is going to be pretty bad with snakes.

So fellow APers in Perth, please be mindful and aware where walking, I am trying to be already as it has spooked me a little, with seeing them so soon. Also, off course birders around australia as well.
    Shelley
    (constructive criticism welcome)

www.shelleypearsonphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads-up, Shelley. I have always been pretty snake-aware, having grown up in the Pilbara, but they probably will be around more this Spring and Summer as there will also be an abundance of prey available for them.

Unfortunately, I knew a man who was bitten last Summer while sitting at his computer at home and, apparently, because he called a friend for help rather than an ambulance the extra delay caused the bite to be fatal.
    Michaela

Comments and critique always welcome and appreciated.

My photos on Flickr
    Canon 5D Mk III | 7D | Assorted Canon Lenses