User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Day Trip to South West Tasmania (multiple images)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Day Trip to South West Tasmania (multiple images)

A few weeks back my wife and I flew down to Melaleuca in the far south west of Tasmania to do a tour of Bathurst Harbour and surrounds. We'd been literally waiting for months for the perfect weekend, and after some heavy snowfalls we knew the time was right!

It's a shame the perspex windows in the plane reduced the quality quite a bit, but with a bit of PP I think they've come up alright!

Enjoy!
    Andrew.

Mt Wellington

Looking south as we flew into Melaleuca. It's also the route that the South Coast Track takes.

The boat trip into Bathurst Harbour. Very fast, very cold, but a lot of fun!

Reflections on Bathurst Harbour!

One of the Celery Top islands in the harbour.

Morning tea at one of the Celery Top islands. The tannins in the water were so rich in colour!

Some more islands...

Mt Rugby. It's a shame the sun was coming in just to the right of the mountain as it made getting any decent shots really difficult.

Tannins!

This was taken at Claytons. Not sure that the sign is really needed any more...

The walk from Claytons up to Antenna Hill.

Panorama from the top of Antenna Hill.

High tide!

Melaleuca airstrip. Love this shot...

Flying out of Melaleuca. You can see the airstrip in the distance.

Federation Peak!! It's climbable without assistance, but freaking scary (as seen by the video..no, it's not me!).

Some of the mountains on the way back to Hobart.

Our trusty plane!
    https://forkandfoot.com

Nikon D7000
    Sigma 10-20mm ~ Nikon 18-55mm ~ Nikon 55-200mm ~ Manfrotto 190XProB ~ Manfrotto 488RC2
    ~ LowePro Top Load Zoom 1

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a wonderful series Andrew. That is something I have wanted to do for a few years but haven't ever gotten around to. There are to many to critique and none really have a major issue that I could add anything constructive to anyway.

For best photo, my choice would be the Mt Rugby shot, quickly followed by the Dinghy.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick! I wasn't really looking for critique, but it's always nice to know what other people like/dislike as it rarely seems to line up with my own perspective .

Personally, I like airstrip shot the best, but I'm sure it won't bring back as many memories as the other shots! I'd love to fly down again and camp overnight so that I had a bit more time to explore and get a bit more use out of the tripod. I'd also like to do the South Coast track...but it'll be a while yet!

I thoroughly recommend the tour, especially in winter (you get a discount in winter as well). I'm sure it's spectacular in summer, but for me the snow just made the day and was well worth the wait!!

Andrew.