User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YN - 560 opinions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooooh wow. I've been wanting another canon 580 for ages but at the price of these I think this is the go for sure. I've had Yongnour triggers for quite some time now and they're terrific. Cheers for the links guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I now have 4 yongnuo flashes plus wireless remotes all for less than the cost of a canon flash. Finding out about these flashes are one of the best things I have learned here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to watch out for is that you use high quality batteries (rechargeable preferably), I bought a "family pack" of 20 cheapo batteries and the flashguns turn themselves off after every shot, and whilst on remotes they don't even get a shot off before dying.

I've been recommended Powerex by another AP member so I will give them a go when I get back home next week
    Ryan

D800 | Nikkor 24-70mm ƒ/2.8 | Cullmann Tripod |Manfrotto 680B Monopod | Lowepro Flipside 400 AW | 2x Yungnuo 560 flash & wireless trigger| FleaBay Lightstand, umbrella and collapsible softbox
    My Flickr site
    RSK Photography - Perth based Motorsport Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought some Energizer rechargeable batteries with one of those smart chargers from Woolworths. They last for ages! I've been using these flashes for quite a little while now, and have only had to charge them twice so far.

Over night though, long charge =/

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo224 View Post
    I bought some Energizer rechargeable batteries with one of those smart chargers from Woolworths. They last for ages! I've been using these flashes for quite a little while now, and have only had to charge them twice so far.

Over night though, long charge =/
    I am using the same batteries and they do work well. My brother has a 15 minute charger for them, when I went to the store they don't have them but I manged to pick up a quick charger that does them in an hour, and when your charging 16 plus batteries it makes the world of difference!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presotto View Post
    I am using the same batteries and they do work well. My brother has a 15 minute charger for them, when I went to the store they don't have them but I manged to pick up a quick charger that does them in an hour, and when your charging 16 plus batteries it makes the world of difference!
    15 min chargers/quick chargers also kill battery life expectancies like no tomorrow, I hope you understand the consequences of using them long term

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it best to let batteries get fully-charged before using them? or using partially-charged batteries fine? Sometimes I have to resort to the latter for some urgent photo shoots.

Another option would be to leave the batteries charged overnight, but I don't think it's good either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    15 min chargers/quick chargers also kill battery life expectancies like no tomorrow, I hope you understand the consequences of using them long term
    Yes I understand that. Like everything there is a trade off. Fortunately the prices of batteries are not so prohibitively expensive that I would mind going through a set every couple of years.
    In my case I don't run all my flashes a lot. If I were a heavy user and really chewing through batteries then I guess it would be more of a concern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geeti View Post
    Is it best to let batteries get fully-charged before using them? or using partially-charged batteries fine? Sometimes I have to resort to the latter for some urgent photo shoots.

Another option would be to leave the batteries charged overnight, but I don't think it's good either.
    I think most modern chargers have a cut off that once the batteries are charged the charger cuts out. I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my 560 through one of the site advertisers. Very happy with it so far.

Cheers
    Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had two YN460 and two Vivitar 285HV...............for about 4-5 years!
    I have never had an issue with either of them.
    I have read of various issues from other users over the years, but I think sometimes it just comes down to misfortune half the time!

Have fun with them.
    Cheers and Happy Shooting
    Cindy

Canon 7D, 50mm, 100mm Macro
    Olympus E-30, 9-18mm, 14-54mm, 50-200mm
    Photoshop CS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had my 560 for a year now, and its hasn't skipped a beat! Like others have said, with some decent batteries, recycle times are fast and will generally give your a fair few shots per burst.
    C&C on my photo's is always welcome

Check out my Flickr page at http://www.flickr.com/photos/samroutledge/

GEAR: Canon 450D / Canon 18-55 IS f3.5-5.6 / Canon 75-300 f4-5.6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, 32 posts and not a single bad post about the YN560 - except for one post saying after heavy use the bulb died. That's pretty good for a $70 product!

i've ordered myself two YN560 and wireless triggers. This is gonna be fun =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi abitfishy,just like to know which aussie seller u bought the 560 from tnx.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennk View Post
    hi abitfishy,just like to know which aussie seller u bought the 560 from tnx.....
    I got one ex China, a YN460 was from memory about $50AUD delivered and to my amazement i had it the next week. Im happy with it but like others, whist learning its great but im sure ill upgrade down the track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graet post guys,
    will order me one for my birthday!

Cheers Klaus!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12