Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printing Photo Books

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printing Photo Books

Anybody know good sites to get these printed up?

A mate of mine got one done through iPhoto on his Mac computer. Came out really nice! Glossy pages, and the cover was a soft fully printed magazine style cover. Not a hard one like a book.

I think I prefer that!

I've found a few websites that do it, but just wondering if anyone here has used any that they'd recommend? I like having my options and peoples opinions on things before committing to buying

I'll have 40 photos to print.

http://www.blurb.com

http://www.clickonprint.com.au

http://www.snapfish.com.au

http://www.digitalprintaustralia.com

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tommo

I have had 2 books done by Blurb and would recommended them to anyone, excellent job and price wise I was very pleased.
    All friends and family who have seen these made very favourable comments.

Regards
    Pentax Pete

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a recipe book done by Blurb & we are very happy with it. Lots of photos in the book & they came out well.

One advantage with Blurb is you can get 1 copy done, or even 1 book with, say, only 10 pages so a small outlay to check the quality.

Having said that, it was the ease of formatting that attracted me to Blurb as there was a lot lot of text in my book.

A couple of friends have had photobooks done at Officeworks and another had their's done by the newspaper in Deniliquin and was also happy.

I have previously used snapfish & was very very very .... disappointed
    Last edited by Boo53; 23-08-2011 at 4:15pm.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback on those

Will look in to Blurb more after work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the links,

I've had good results with Snapfish before.

Tried the Fujifilm service (branded as various other names) which was below average, colours were nonrepresentative and quality was low.

Will give blurb ago now and see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No-one mentioned Momento. Has anyone tried these? I am about to use them but wonder if I should use Blurb instead. Momento have a download that you can put on your computer and edit your book from that instead of logging onto the internet all the time.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    www.momento.com.au are very very good!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah, good. Thanks Rick. I will stick with them, since I have already started to edit the layout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I should have mentioned, from past experiance, DOUBLE PROOF READ your copy before finely submitting your book to who ever you choose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For your next one, if you're feeling rich, try asukabook. Pure brilliance, but extremely expensive.
    Living the dream...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasevk View Post
    For your next one, if you're feeling rich, try asukabook. Pure brilliance, but extremely expensive.
    I find asuka to be a rip off, even if its good

for mid range products which I think is better than asuka is www.picpress.com.au for their high end albums

for high end products I sometimes use www.blackriverimaging.com

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful, thank you for all the input everybody I need to get another 5 days worth of photos before continuing. So time to really look in to it and fine tune it all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also look at Albumworks, Melbourne based I think. I have had a few done with them and cheaper than Momento but still good quality and turn around is usually about a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Momento and have had no problems whatsoever. Quality is really top class, and if you sign up for their 'Pro" section (requires business registration from memory) there are many more options available in terms of size, paper stock, covers etc.

The other one I would recommend is Vision Art from the states. Defintely pricy but outstanding quality for fine art type books. They also have a free shipping deal on at the moment until 15th Sept. And if you again have a business then studio samples are 50% off making them very attractively priced especially with the strong A$
    Vince

Space; The Final Frontier

C & C encouraged on all images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    No-one mentioned Momento. Has anyone tried these? I am about to use them but wonder if I should use Blurb instead. Momento have a download that you can put on your computer and edit your book from that instead of logging onto the internet all the time.
    I've heard good things about momento's quality but at the time we were looking to publish (April this year) there software was clunky when it came to editing for text, of which we had a lot.

Also, for the quantity we wanted, about 20 books, the blurb price was only about 1/3rd the price of momento.

For a purely photography based book, like a coffee table book of landscapes, etc; and a small quantity, I would probably go with momento for that bit of extra quality

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment I think Blurb and AlbumWorks are winnarrr

Blurb because of the soft cover thing. I much prefer that, don't know why, I just do. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a 66 page book all A4 from these guys , The Quality is excellent http://clickonprint.com.au/ - Bill , Worth a try
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your not too worried about perfection, keep an eye on some of those daily deals like scoopon, living social and deals.com..au. They often have deals like 50page book for $25
    Part time Real Estate and Product photographer | CANON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the book I got through Momento, bit pricey but well worth it
    Canon 7D, 40D and 17 - 85 is usm, 100mm f2.8 macro, 50mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 70 - 300 is usm, Sigma 10 - 20mm, 70 - 200mm f2.8L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Momento a few years back. Put out a good book but had an issue with the formatting, i'd spoken to someone before printing as I was unsure how a few parts would come out, I went off the info they gave me and it was actually incorrect.
    Other than that if the formatting had of been done correctly then it would have been brilliant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast