Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deciding to do what you do

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the days of having to pay for developing film I used to be very careful about how many photos I took (money, money, money). Recently getting a DSLR, I can now take as many images as I like. So I've started thinking about Becs question recently also.
    There's been some good posts here, however I really like;
    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    So, those are the shots I like to take coz they're the ones I want to look at!
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bec

Looking at your profile I see that you are located approx 5 hours west of Brisbane, This I think would have you somewhere close to the great dividing range, this to my opinion would allow you tremendous opportunity to play around with landscapes, also your employment at the airport would allow further opportunities to capture some off the interesting aircraft that frequent there and of course the rural scene that you obviously reside in is an open pallet waiting for you to discover.
    I would think that there would also be numerous old farm buildings in the surrounding areas that are waiting for you to visit them.
    The photos that you are waiting to take may not be on your doorstep and you may have to venture out of town a mile or three, if you have an information place near you visit and obtain any brouchers for the surrounding areas seek out any old interest areas that may have hidden treasures in them.
    Tour around some of the towns in close proximity and travel up the back streets and roads to see what you can find.
    There are a lot of photos waiting to be taken and I think landscapes would be a way for you to head in.
    If this works for you I and all on this forum will be looking for postings soon of your captures
    Good luck.

Pentax Pete
    Last edited by Pentax Pete; 19-08-2011 at 10:09pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrDooba View Post
    Don't decide on a particular type of photography....... Let it come to you.
    You won't get any better advice than this! It shouldn't be a conscious decision at all.
    --
    Nikon D90
    Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
    RRS BH-55 Ballhead & B2 AS II Clamp
    (no legs yet)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12