Hey peoples,

I've recently started developing my own 35mm black and white but am having problems with getting the film onto the SS reels. Upon closer inspection, it appears that they're both slightly bent (the top and bottom aren't parallel). I can feel the film threaded properly on half the reel, but the other side just all clumps together so I lose around a third of the frames per reel. I did a little research on the net and found something called a film apron which is essentially a plastic strip with raised edges that the film is rolled up in which apparently is easy as and reasonably idiot proof, which is what I'm after.

The problem is, the only ones I can find are on Ebay from a fella in the US. Does anyone know if these might be available here in Aus? I've checked Vanbar and a few other Australian based online stores, and also some reputable overseas ones such as Freestyle, Adorama and B&H but with no luck. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so where I might be able to buy a couple?

Cheers - Zac