Well the Mount Isa rodeo has come and gone for another year. As usual I was down in the corporate area happily snapping away, however I was slightly disturbed by something that happened during the opening ceremony. As a part of the opening the crowd and participants were asked to observe a minutes silence as a mark of respect for one of the great rodeo callers that had passed in the months leading up to this event. So while standing I lowered my canon with 100-400 held by my side, not a sound was heard throughout the arena. Well that was until the large lady standing beside me held her gripped nikon D700 with 70-200 2.8 up and started snapping away. Now I know this lady personally through my day job and although she is a keen photographer I know as a fact that she is not a professional and was not paid to be there. I found it highly disturbing that all I could hear was her shutter going. I can understand if she wanted to get a shot or 2 off but it sounded like she had it set on high speed continuous and held the button down for about 45 seconds. For a paid photographer to do this I would not have any issue as they would need that shot as a part of the job they were doing/getting paid to do.

Personally I found this disrespectful and from the looks she was getting from the other people around her I could tell I wasn't the only one feeling this way. Has anyone else on this site come across this at any event? and am I being overly emotional about this or do others think she may have crossed a moral boundary?