Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Printing with an EPSON R3000 Hints and Tips

Photoholic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printing with an EPSON R3000 Hints and Tips

Hi guys , anyone have any experience with printing out photos with the EPSON R3000 printer , I was wondering about the recommended print settings and ink usage with the unit , I have just purchased and set 1 up at home as I have been getting heaps of interest for people to purchase my shots on larger than A4 media , I am finding that at the highest print quality they are coming out a bit darker than I would like , when I print the same on my Pixma MP630 printer the colours are spot on to how I see them on my monitor . I guess my question relates to is it an overkill to go highest quality possible for every print or would I not notice any difference printing A3 or A4 at a medium setting .
    Can anyone help ?
    Does a one legged duck swim in an eliptic circle

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are selling the prints, always print them at the highest possible quality, that is what I would expect if I bought a print!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatch View Post
    Hi guys , anyone have any experience with printing out photos with the EPSON R3000 printer , I was wondering about the recommended print settings and ink usage with the unit , I have just purchased and set 1 up at home as I have been getting heaps of interest for people to purchase my shots on larger than A4 media , I am finding that at the highest print quality they are coming out a bit darker than I would like , when I print the same on my Pixma MP630 printer the colours are spot on to how I see them on my monitor . I guess my question relates to is it an overkill to go highest quality possible for every print or would I not notice any difference printing A3 or A4 at a medium setting .
    Can anyone help ?

you just need to calibrate the new monitors print profile to match that of your monitor's profile in order for it to be an exact (almost) image as what you see on the screen, the issue of the print being darker than what you expected is normally associated with that, alongside slightly incorrect colours and WB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also the paper you use makes a considerable difference
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Photoholic
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the responses , I normally print all my shots at the highest quality possible , a bit fussy like that , I just thought I'd ask for others points of view who may own the same printer .
    Darren I'm using Epson Ultra Glossy Premium Paper , I can lighten the shot's up on my monitor so they look almost overexposed then they print out spot on on the Epson , but then print out over exposed on the Canon Pixma ?
    The print quality of the Epson has blown me away when I can get it right , just hate wasting paper and ink .
    Last edited by Goatch; 14-08-2011 at 3:41pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sorry my point is that there is a profile for each paper type

Photoholic
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger that , from reading other threads on here I've found my problem and I feel stupid , I had the colour space set as Adobe RGB not SRGB , that was causing the variation in what I was seeing to what was appearing on the printer and also why my older Canon Pixma was okay ,
    Thanks for the advice