Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silhouette Photography using natural light

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to AP Alex, good to see you getting out there and having a go at producing images because of threads on here.
    It certainly is a good way to experiment and learn both the practicalities and technicalities of photography.
    With your attempt at a silhouette I would say that you needed more outside light influencing the scene so that you could remove more detail from the subject, especially the legs as at the moment I would call that a partial silhouette at the best.

As for this part of your post ---

Quote Originally Posted by Alex J View Post
    so i dont know why you guys are so down on william.
    --- I really don't know what you mean, would you care to elaborate on it.

Contact me directly by PM if you like.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice photo Alex. You have made good exposure.

If the Subject were sitting in a bit further in from the window a bit more - the legs would be in silhouette also. It is more a matter of moving the subject to accommodate the light in this shooting scenario rather than making an exposure change: however PP could assist – you could burn those legs a bit. But if you are the “Alex” I suspect you are - then I you will want to make minimal PP.

I suspect I might have tutored you this year for your HSC: if that is the case then thanks you for the comments: in fact thank you for the comments anyway. Good luck with the HSC. And if you are the Alex I tutored, your Major Work is simply awesome; I was viewing them last Friday.

@ Alex J and I@M:
    On the other matter mentioned - personally I don't think anyone is "down on me".
    I believe that my words and also my intent were however misinterpreted and that lead to intense interrogation.
    Whatever the reason: that was then and this is now and it has been discussed, at least with me it has been discussed with the moderators and I have put my view to them.
    It is past tense - and there no need for you, Alex J, to be involved as we move on.

WW
    Last edited by William W; 31-08-2011 at 5:50pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread may look a little odd as members have quoted someone who repeatedly breached the site rules and I have now banned, and removed their posts. Sorry that it looks a bit disjointed in the last few posts.
    Last edited by ricktas; 31-08-2011 at 9:27pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    arthur you always take the time to give great in depth explanations of things - great job
    Pentax K-5iis, DA* 50-135 IF SDM | Sigma 18-125 3.5-5.6 | Sigma 70-210 4-5.6 |Sigma 28-80 3.5-5.6 Macro |Pentax-FA 28-80 3.5-4.7 |Pentax A 50 1.7 |Pentax DA 12-24 | Pentax DAL 55-300|Sigma 28-300 3.5-6.3 and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point camera at brightest part of scene. depress shutter half way. Recompose and take shot.
    Works for me.
    John
    Pentax K5
    Pentax K10 D Limited Edition
    Pentax FA*28-70mm f/2.8
    Pentax FA*80-200mm f/2.8
    Pentax 100 MACRO f/2.8
    Pentax FA 31mm 1.8 Limited
    Pentax FA 15 mm Limited Wide Angle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12