User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Canon 6D (5dIII) on the way!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon 6D (5dIII) on the way!?

Might just be a web-geek typo but the Canon Australia site has 2 links to the 5dII and if you look closely the second one has "6D" in the link
    http://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/For-Yo...al-SLR-Cameras
    http://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/For-Yo...SLR-Cameras/6D
    is this a mistake... or a place holder for a new camera!?

Let the rumours begin!!

EOS 1D MKIII x2, EOS 6D; Samyang 14 2.8 IF ED UMC, EF 17-40 4 L, EF 24-70 2.8 L, EF 50 1.4, EF 85 1.8, EF 70-200 2.8 L IS, EF 100 2.8 macro, EF 400 5.6 L, 1.4x II TC, EF25 ET; Speelite 580EX, 430EX; Nissin Di866II; Yongnuo YN560i/ii & YN460ii, YN622C's, RF602's; Gitzo GT3541XLS + Markins Q20i; Manfrotto 055XProB + Giottos MH1301; Manfrotto 680B c/w Kirk MPA-1; Tamrac Pro5, ThinkTank Airport Accelerator, Airport Antidote V2, Pro Speed Belt + Racing Harness + Modular Skin Set; Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CS5.
    myflickr

Scarlet letters aren't that bad.. I rather like L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see where it says 60D, but not 6D
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    I can see where it says 60D, but not 6D
    If you click on the 5D Mark II under the camera list on the LHS of the page and then look at the web address of the page it reads:

www canon.com.au/en-AU/For-You/EOS-Digital-SLR-Cameras/6D
    Last edited by Tjfrnds; 10-08-2011 at 3:22pm.
    Tania

CC always welcome http://www.taniafernandesphotography.com.au/
    Canon 5d iii, Canon 7d, 50 f/1.8 II, 85 f/1.8, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, 100 f/2.8 USM Macro

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That page has been removed. Fixing typo I presume.
    Keith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very short lived rumor

Wish it is true thu (so I can snap up a 5DII cheap)

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but nah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they brought out a full-frame camera with the speed and features of the 7D, AND it had a swing out screen, for similar money to a 5D, I'd probably buy one.

I guess there is always the 1Ds MkIV, but it's too big and too expensive for my tastes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why is everyone so keen on flip out screens!
    1DIII, 5DII, 15mm fish, 24mm ts-e, 35L,135L,200L,400L,mpe-65mm
    Film: eos 300, pentax 6x7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fabian628 View Post
    why is everyone so keen on flip out screens!
    because its bloody handy in many, many situations where you cant look through the viewfinder or compose with the live-view on a static back screen.

would the feature allow me to take better shots for weddings and photojournalism work? Without a doubt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flip screen would be awesome on the 5dmkII
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the flip screen on the my 60D, so much so, that this feature was the deal maker for me over and above the 7D.
    Firstly, I do a lot of product shots in a studio, so the flip out screen is great for that, and macro too, but the main reason I like it is that I am left eyed, and flipping out the screen gives me more room for my nose and it means I don't leave greasy marks all over the screen when using the viewfinder.

Lots of other good things about it too.
    I'm sure that in the future, all cameras will have a flip out, or pull-out screen.

If you don't want it to flip out, just leave it where it is, but when you are packing the camera away, being able to flip the screen backwards can help protect the screen.
    The 60D screen is also the best screen I've seen on a camera to date.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say if they were to ever replace the 5D they would probably decrease the number to 4D... Just my thoughts.
    Daniel Thompson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Canon 7D & 5D Mark II : 24-70mm f2.8L : 70-200mm f2.8L IS II : 17-40mm f4L : CANON EF 100MM F2.8 MACRO L IS USM: 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM : 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS : 50mm f1.8 : 430EX II & 580EX II External Speedlites : Manfrotto 190X PROB + 804RC2 head : Lee CPL, ND and GND filter system : Lee Big Stopper : CS6 Photoshop : PS Elements 11 : PS Lightroom 5 Tightly packed into a Lowepro Pro Runner 450

Follow me on FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/GreenOrchardPhotography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too love the flip out screen on the 60D. Yes I agree it'll be the norm on future models - and I bet they will be touchscreen too.
    A little concerned about knocking it whilst it's out that's all. It doesn't seem like the hinge mechanism is all that strong. However the benefits far out weigh the risks. I find it most useful for indoor portrait shots on the tripod. Outside it's limited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozwapet View Post
    I too love the flip out screen on the 60D. Yes I agree it'll be the norm on future models - and I bet they will be touchscreen too.
    A little concerned about knocking it whilst it's out that's all. It doesn't seem like the hinge mechanism is all that strong. However the benefits far out weigh the risks. I find it most useful for indoor portrait shots on the tripod. Outside it's limited.
    hmm, i dont know about it being the norm on newer models. I think there will be a camera in a certain line with flip out screen; after all this is not the newest technology. I think its more of a novelty features which canon or other manufacturers puts in its line just to keep bases covered over other manufacturers.

All these moving parts, extra plastic doesnt help weather sealing or overall strength of the body. I doubt it will appear in 1 series, if they do introduce it into the 5 or future semi pro line hopefully they may make a similar camera without.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't want it to flip out, just leave it where it is, but when you are packing the camera away, being able to flip the screen backwards can help protect the screen.
    I do find the flip out screen interesting and does have its benifits when using live view. However I find the protection benifit interesting. Firstly, when you pack away your camera do you also throw rocks into your bag that the screen needs protection from Secondly, all the canon dslr's i've owned seemed to have pretty solid back screens. If you did manage to smash this I think the damage to the back of a flipped in screen would also be quite substatial. All the sensitive parts are in the back there would get damaged I think. If you do break the front glass, from what I gather its a pretty simple repair as ling as you dont actually damage the lcd underneath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the flip screen on the my 60D, so much so, that this feature was the deal maker for me over and above the 7D.
    Firstly, I do a lot of product shots in a studio, so the flip out screen is great for that, and macro too, but the main reason I like it is that I am left eyed, and flipping out the screen gives me more room for my nose and it means I don't leave greasy marks all over the screen when using the viewfinder.

Lots of other good things about it too.
    I'm sure that in the future, all cameras will have a flip out, or pull-out screen.

Dead right...I have a 40D and get "nose marks"on the viewer screen no matter how careful I am. And I don't have a big nose either, thank you!
    Canon 6D
    Canon 40D
    16-35 L 2.8 11 USM
    24-105 L IS USM
    70-200 2.8 L IS USM 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Canon g11 with the flip screen , and i sure do wish my 40D had it as well ..
    Julie

Canon 6D,Fuji X100
    l Canon 50mm f1.8 MK l l Canon 85mm f1.8 l Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro l Canon 24-70IS f4L l LR4/CS6