I plan to lead another Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk (http://worldwidephotowalk.com/) in the Tweed region - for Northern NSW and SEQ folk - this year as last year's proved very good and I met some new folk - and got some fine shots.
I am asking WHERE would people who'd like to join in like to go? We have until early September to decide. And this year we can do Saturday or Sunday (1/2 October), I'm planning for Sunday. NOTE this IS the long weekend for NSW folk, so if you are planning a break come up to Tweed and join our photowalk!
I do plan to make it an early morning / sunrise walk, best time of the day for landscape and natural stuff and interesting for most subjects
This map shows all the sites
I'd like to do it with a BBQ breakfast - there are set up areas everywhere around here so it will be bring your thermos and food and we can have a good cook up.
1. Tweed Heads - Keith Curran reserve area (Ukerebagh Island on map, zoom in and it shows the reserve name) gives us some bushland and a walk round to opposite the trawler fleet anchorage. Doesn't look much on the map but it has some beautiful spots. Picnic spots along the Tweed River.
2. Tweed Heads - Duranbah - waves, surfers, things washed up on the beach, seabirds, boats if we are lucky. Picnic spot on the little headland below Point Danger.
Or if people don't mind some driving in the middle of the walk we could combine those two.
3. Fingal - lighthouse, beach, and, if we drive to the end of the headland after the lighthouse, the pipeline structure, seawall and possibly "oats coming in over the bar, and surfers, things washed up on the beach, seabirds. Picnic spot by a little bay where a white faced heron lives.
4. Other Beach locations south a bit - (a) Cabarita, (b) Hastings Point etc
Inland a bit -
5. Tumbulgum is a very pretty village, you have the Tweed River, the conjunction with the Rous River, houseboats, sunrise up the river, mist on the river, birdlife and if we mosey up to Condong the sugar mill (driving in the middle again but worth it) which can be fantastic both pre-sunrise and afterwards - provided it is working on the day - always a toss up. BBQs at Tumbulgum on the river
So please let me know which location would suit you - reply as early as possible but definitely by C.O.B. 01 SEPTEMBER 2011 please, so I have time to register it.