User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Home printing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home printing

I'm trying to find an affordable and good quality home printer. I've been doing a bit of research and like the Epson range, but have also just seen this Does anyone with any knowledge of printers think this would be a good buy? I like the multiple inks and it says it's good for photo paper, but none of the other figures in the data sheet mean much to me I like the eco angle, and the fact that it's media comes on a roll...any thoughts?
    Andy

Nikon D7000, 70-200mm (newly obtained...no pictures up shot with it yet)
    Olympus E-420, 14-42mm, 18-180mm, 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 (shutter has died on this one )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd stick with Epson....never heard of he one linked to which would worry me re local support
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Recently bought a Canon pro 9000 II It wasn't affordable in Aust around $1000 so bought from US for $399 or about $499 delivered to my door I also us a after market ink supply system.
    This system works but took a lot to get to work (Printer profiles etc) this has made printing at home affordable and has opened up another creative outlet.
    Thanks Steve
    Winer of the sheep week 2 + 6
    www.atkimages.com.au "If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough," ROBERT CAPA"
    Tokina 16-28 f2.8 PRO FX,Sigma 500 4.5 Ex DG, Canon 5D Mii, Canon 7D, Canon 2x converter,Canon 70-200 2.8 L,
    Sigma 120-300 2.8 EX, Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX, Canon 1.4x converter, Canon 580 ex 2 speed light
    And two canon kit Lenses.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently aquired a Canon Pixma Pro 9500 (series 1) not so much to print based on price, but to have total control over my prints.
    I now print a lot more than I used to.

I would be sticking with the well established brands, the one you have linked to is primarily a vinyl printer, so I would question the long term viability with paper, I also think you will have trouble finding profiles for it.
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know a lot about printers but Ill ask you this where else can you buy replacement inks from ? This might be a good starting point to find out I would also run a Google search and find out some more information research is the key before making the dive. If its multiply inks you want I got a canon MG5250 I find this one just fine for me right now I would be sticking to the more knowing brands canon or Epson
    All experts were once beginners

Nikon D3100 18 55 kit lens Nikon 35 mm Nikon 70 300mm optex tripod

MWAH! Sandy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using an Epson 3880 recently and the additional colour management requirements in my workflow has been a learning curve to say the least... But the results have been simply mind blowing....
    Living the dream...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, what type of prints do you want to do?
    Are you happy just to do A4 and smaller prints, or do you want to do A3+ and looooooong panoramas?

Start out with a cheap A4 printer.
    You can get quite good ones for less than $100, and when the ink runs out, get them re-filled at Cartridge World or somewhere similar for a fraction of the cost of originals.
    I used to do a lot of DVD's and had a very nice automated DVD/CD colour printer.
    The colured ink cartridge used to cost me over $100 a time and would do around 200 disks.
    After getting sick of spending so much, I decided to try my local Cartridge World, which my IT guy said would only lead to trouble on my expensive printer, but I tried them, and not only did the cartridges only cost me $25, but the colours came out even better than the originals.
    I used their cartridges for a couple of years without any problems at all.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.