Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 120 film for Hasselblad

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the 'blad' I am borrowing doesn't have the waist level finder! Bitter sweet actually....I am happy because at least I see everything the right way up (!) but it's a pity I didn't get a chance to experience it.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Except when you're lugging it and tripodery up hills and down dales. I've taken to using only a 50mm lens in such cases. But I agree about looking into the wl viewfinder. It's just like DDD!
    And no, you can't have mine.
    Am.
    That's why I'm going to try to find one of those L brackets with the trigger release, even though they seem to be pretty rare. What's it like using the Mamiya?

Monika: Don't worry, they have them at a couple of the Camera Houses in the city and also at Total Photo so you can check em out next time you're in

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbringer View Post
    That's why I'm going to try to find one of those L brackets with the trigger release, even though they seem to be pretty rare. What's it like using the Mamiya?
    Nightbringer. I had one once (100 yrs ago). I used it about two times, just to make sure it induced camera shake through being unwieldy. (Having said that, there were a few people then who used them all the time.) I took it off and haven't seen it since. From then on it's been either tripod or hand-cradled camera. Tell you Y it was unwieldy. It was like trying to ride a motorbike and hold something steady. My hands were spread too wide to hold the camera steady. One hand (loosely) holding the camera base and the other gripping the bracket. Then, when I went to press the relocated shutter release, even more shake happened. That was with the waist-level finder. Then, when I added the weight of the metered prism (another once-only affair), well, 4-get it! My advice (let people shoot me, I don't care): save your dough.

Typically now, when I (rarely) use it, I take a lightmeter, the body, a back or two with film, and almost always only a f=50mm lens. It's usually for landscapes. All this fits into a compact bag.
    Am.

Ah, I 4-got. What's it like to use: very pleasant. There is no rush with this camera. Each shot takes about a minute.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 12-08-2011 at 10:42am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12