Hello fellow Nikon users

I was wondering if there were any non professionals amongst the forum users who own the Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR? I have seen a lot of photographs out there from this lens and just love the quality. I know this is a very expensive lens especially for the non professional. I particularly wanted to know if you regret spending sooo much money on a lens as you just dont use it enough to justify the cost or if you use your camera even more now that you have one?

Also I wanted to know if you personally thought that your photographs improved in quality due to having excellent glass. Now I know some people are going to read this and say, "what a mong, just because you buy a good lens doesnt make you a better photographer." Im not saying that, i just wanted to know if you thought that the photographs that you were taking have improved due to better Bokeh or faster focus ability etc? Would love to hear from you, if there are any "You" out there.

Im just thinking about saving my loose change and getting a second hand VR model as people start buying the new VRII. (easily save $1600 a year in change)