User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When doing the right thing feels so wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know exactly how you feel. In my line of work, almost every decision I make will impact on someone's life. There are many times when I feel that action should be taken, or action should not be taken, however the evidence I have points in the opposite direction. It's a huge conflict, and one that usually ends up in a big argument with my superiors. Often I have to choose the course that I don't want to take, but it's something that you get used to.
    Flickr
    Call me Chris

Gear: Canon 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f4/L IS USM | Canon 430EX II Speedlite | Hoya Pro1 CPL | Velbon Tripod
    Canon EOS 500D | Canon 18-55mm IS (Kit Lens) | Canon 50-250mm IS (Kit Lens) | Marumi Super DHG CPL

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at it this way
    She probably did better because of all the encouragement her parents gave her.
    She needed to learn the lesson that it is her doing it - not her parents.
    It is better that she learn this now and not later.
    It's all good. A little pain for a while, but a lesson she very much needed to learn.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news...

The girl saw me today and, in an awkward teenager way, apologised for the awkward position she placed me in and hoped the lesson would sink in. Not sure if this was a forced (by parents or principal) apology but, it doesn't really matter - it took guts to give it

I am not yet so old that I have forgotten how dumb a teenage I was.
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having served in the police force for 15 odd years I had those types of decisions just about everyday. And not always did I take the black and white approach. Sometimes people make bad choices and get caught. Does the puishment fit the crime? Would a verbal caution suffice? Do you have proof beyond reproach? Would this proof stand up in a court of law? In most cases before the higher courts the police are only right about 50-60% of the time as the defendant gets off. Yeah dream on. I lived with my deciscions right or wrong and am happy with what I did. I don't envy your position as mostly your hands are tied but rules are made to be broken. Rember hoesty is not the best policy it is the only policy. And of course it is not wrong to do wrong only to get caught.....keep up the good work because we need educators not teachers cheers Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12