User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon D7000 oil (lubricant on sensor) problem resolved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not good enough.You guys are all too nice.We are given faulty devices and should demand a direct replacement with a camera that works properly out of the box.Whats the go here.Do they pay for our time and petrol running around to their place to get stuff fixed and then have to wait a few days and then do it all over again.Its a joke.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feg View Post
    Not good enough.You guys are all too nice.We are given faulty devices and should demand a direct replacement with a camera that works properly out of the box.Whats the go here.Do they pay for our time and petrol running around to their place to get stuff fixed and then have to wait a few days and then do it all over again.Its a joke.
    Errr, warranties and consumer law are pretty well weighted in favour of the purchaser in Oz at the moment Geoff. Getting the camera repaired is very much the responsibility of the retailer and the parent company.

I suggest that you go and buy a Holden, Ford, Mazda, Toyota, Hyundai, and then when it leaks a little oil 3 months and 5,000klm into your ownership, demand a new vehicle to replace the faulty one ------
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently discovered a couple of 'what looked like oil spots' on my new D7000 purchased in March. DirtCheap Cameras didn't want to know about it and told me to take it a camera place and get it cleaned. I found this thread and got in touch with Nikon. I drove all the way out there from Randwick - what a hassle to get there by 4.45pm and it took ages to find the office in this huge business park. I had to leave the camera but it was ready 2 days later so I drove out via the M5 and King Georges Rd at lunchtime which was much better. They gave the sensor a 'clean' but did not charge me. So far, so good. I'll never know whether it was a fault or just dust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im thinking about getting a D7000... I HOPE that issue is no longer!
    Cheers

Wazza
    ---------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how widespread this issue is or was?

I just bought a 2nd hand D7000 (no sign of any issues at all) and was just wondering...my new camera is great and I can't wait to give it a workout!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *removed- read the site rules, in particular rules 3-7*
    Last edited by ricktas; 28-04-2013 at 7:40pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone. I wanted to share my Nikon D7000 oil spots story.

I've had my D700 for 2 1/2 years, and had the sensor professionally cleaned 3 times thinking I was getting dust on my sensor. The third time the guy who cleaned it advised me it was oil and if it came back to contact Nikon.

The oil did come back within 4 months, and I contacted Nikon via internet. They advised me to take it to the only Nikon authorised repairer in QLD, which I did late July 2013.

On examination they confirmed it was oil on the sensor, possibly caused by oil from the mirror drive unit, and stated that at only 6,500 activations they would try to replace the mirror drive unit under warranty, even given the age of the camera.

I left the camera with them, they ordered and replaced the mirror drive unit, tested it and cleaned the sensor, followed by a courier back home.

I was without my camera for almost 2 weeks, but other than the petrol to get to Capalaba from the Gold Coast, I did not have to pay anything.

So if you are getting continual spots on your D7000 please take it to Nikon and request the replace the mirror drive unit (not just clean it).

Good Luck!

Ann
    See more at www.annpinnockphotography.com.au
    Sony A7R, Zeiss FE55 1.8, Zeiss FE16-35mm 4.0, Sony 28-70mm, Metabones Nikon convertor, Nikkor ED 70-300mm, Tamron 90mm Macro, Tripod, Lee Seven5 Filters, PS, LR,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had similar problems with my D600.

The D600 was subject to a service bulletin and as a result, I got a free sensor clean. However the spots quickly reappeared.

After extensive research, I've decided to clean the sensor myself. Now this is a problem exhibited by many Digital cameras (I've just cleaned a Pentax which had dirt issues that made my D600 look like it had just come out of a clean room) so I'd like to suggest that all digital photographers learn how to clean their own sensors. I'd like to take it to a service centre but as the nearest one is about 1500km away, it's not a viable option.

Have we got a sensor cleaning thread in the site?
    Last edited by ricktas; 20-10-2013 at 7:21pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there probably is a thread on this.........but I clean my D7000 sensor and it`s relatively easy. Get the Copperhill sensor clean kit and follow the instructions. The first time is a bit scarey but if you are careful, nothing should go wrong. I cleaned the oil spots off about 18 months ago and they have not returned. I am assuming that people who use `rapid fire`...continuous shooting.....then there would be more chance of getting oil on the sensor. I could be wrong here and probably am....so take what I`ve said with a grain of.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is out of warranty and particles do build up from time to time. When it gets to be an obvious issue when stopped down to F11 or F16 I take it in for a clean.
    I might get around to cleaning it myself one day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple of questions after reading this, what uniform do you wear? After 3 years are you still using your D7000? And on my sensor I keep seeing what looks like little hairs, and spots, does this mean I have a problem, I clean it with the little blower thingy and got the book out and did a sensor clean too.
    D7000, 18mm to 105mm Nikon lens & 18mm to 250mm Sigma lens.

To know what you know and to know what you don't know...is to know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12