Thread: I can't view any posts except those I created!

Account Closed

I can't view any posts except those I created!

I have not posted to the site for several months, and now I can't see anything but my own postings. If I try to view anything else I am told I do not have access.
    Last edited by davomate; 29-07-2011 at 3:04pm.

Other side of the hill ... WhoDo's Avatar
    Simply make a single post in one of the CC forums and all will be restored. A post in Site Matters doesn't count though.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss...
    D7000 | Nikkor AF-S 18-55 DX 1:3.5-5.6G | Nikkor AF-S 55-300 DX 1:4.5-5.6 G ED | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...
    My Flickr images ...

Quote Originally Posted by davomate View Post
    I have not posted to the site for several months, and now I can't see anything but my own postings. If I try to view anything else I am told I do not have access.
    Davo , I think you get an Automated PM at 90 days , Re: Not Posting, I have'nt had one yet , Well you only have to post , once in 90days and everything is cool
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Administrator (Site Owner) ricktas's Avatar
    Yep, when members go inactive (90 days of non posting initially) you are sent an email advising that you have gone inactive and how to restore your access. Site Matters, Out of Focus, Competitions and the Test Zone will not re-activate your account. Once you post in a counting forum, the rest of the site will restore for you within 60 minutes.

Our inactive system is cyclic, it is 90 days the first time, 60 days the second time, 30 days the third time...etc (of inactivity). So staying active on the site is the best way to enjoy all the site offers. Once a member has remained active for 6 months, the cycle resets to a 90 day one.
    RICK
    Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

www.tassiephotos.com

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

I don't know if any of you have experienced having the access removed but I thought there was something wrong with the site because almost everywhere I went no threads were visible. All the quick links returned an access violation. Far greater access is given to unregistered users. Is that the intention? For me it is a massive disincentive to be registered.

Administrator (Site Owner) ricktas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davomate View Post
    I don't know if any of you have experienced having the access removed but I thought there was something wrong with the site because almost everywhere I went no threads were visible. All the quick links returned an access violation. Far greater access is given to unregistered users. Is that the intention? For me it is a massive disincentive to be registered.
    That is the intention! Ausphotography is provided FREE, and all that is asked in return is that you participate. If you stop participating, then your access is restricted. Only active members can enter the competitions (which we give away over $5000.00 worth in value each year). It is all about INTERACTING, join in and you are rewarded, lurk or stop being active and those benefits are removed.

When you went inactive, you would have been sent an email telling you that this had happened, and how to reactivate your account, it is an easy process.
    Last edited by ricktas; 02-08-2011 at 7:05pm.

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

I don't recall receiving such an email. Ooh lurking! Is that like reading forums? There are plenty of other photography forums without such constraints. I will leave you to yours.