Thread: I Have Some Work

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Have Some Work

and best of all it is local!

The lady up at the local store took it over 6 months ago and is running a Real Estate shop front there. She was training a 19 year old girl in RE & Cert III in Business and on Tuesday she asked if she could leave early, then rang Heather at 5pm and said she had a job in childcare and she was quitting right then and there.

So Heather is going to use me for the property management side – small at the moment, she only has 8 rentals but if I can build it up I will get more work. Maybe 8 hours a week and building it up hopefully. Darned sight better than nothing and at least I’m out there working.

And there may be opportunities for some real estate photography in it too.

Will keep you posted as to how it goes.
    Last edited by Analog6; 29-07-2011 at 7:04am.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Odille!! well done
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats Odille.. I hope Heather had her on a contract and can therefore not pay her any annual leave accrual etc as the 19yo breached her contract by not giving the required resignation notice period.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news!
    Michaela

Comments and critique always welcome and appreciated.

My photos on Flickr
    Canon 5D Mk III | 7D | Assorted Canon Lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear Odille, congratulations

Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Congrats Odille.. I hope Heather had her on a contract and can therefore not pay her any annual leave accrual etc as the 19yo breached her contract by not giving the required resignation notice period.
    Not sure of that aspect Rick but the little brat had just 2 weeks of the Cert III to go and now the training organisation does not get paid by the govt for all the work they put in on her. Pretty poor behaviour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately there are lots of young kids out there who really don't care.
    They are just out for themselves and bugger anyone else.

When the company I work for had a full-blown factory, we were very keen to train up young kids and give them a good trade, but usually, after a few weeks, they were gone and never to be seen again.

If companies advertise for trainees, they hardly ever get a response, but advertise for a manager - and you'll be swamped with enquiries.
    Everyone wants to be a boss today, and no-one wants to be a worker!
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Odille that is great news. I am sure this will lead to more and also some real estate photography
    Kassy
    Nikon D700
    CC Welcome and Appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    Unfortunately there are lots of young kids out there who really don't care.
    They are just out for themselves and bugger anyone else.
    So true, but not just young kids. There are plenty of older people who should know better who walk the earth sure in their belief that the whole world owes them something. I get a lot of self important "adults" (using that term very loosely) at work every day. Just because they work for a large company, they think their proverbial doesn't stink.

Congratulations on the job, Odille!

I very much welcome and appreciate your feedback and constructive criticism!

If you would like to edit any image I post here, please feel free to do so! I would love to see what you can come up with and learn your method.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Odille, that is really good news for you.
    Shelley
    (constructive criticism welcome)

www.shelleypearsonphotography.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats from me too. I hope you enjoy the job, and get a bit of realestate photography practice in as well.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes good on you
    Graeme

Nikon D90,Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Nikon 18-105 f3.5-5.6VR, Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6Di VC,Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX, Benro A2692TB1S tripod

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go get them Odille.

Hmmmm......real estate, property management.....Mongo could tell you something about that !
    Nikon and Pentax user

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently work in a management capacity within the organization I work for and cannot agree enough with Benny... Younger people these days just don't give a rats. I currently manage 27 staff in an insurance operation, we have started to look a lot deeper into our recruitment process lately to try and rid ourselves of the staff that call in sick because they feel they are 'entitled' staff that simply don't care about the business, make poor decisions because they can't get off Facebook... Not adhering to standard adherence policies like calling when they are running late rather than SMS... The list goes on. Not only that, these days, the staff have company management by the balls with all the regulations behind, bullying, harassment, unfair dismissal, fair work acts, industrial relations... Blah... Blah... Blah!

Some say people management is the hardest most challenging profession... I certainly agree!!
    Daniel Thompson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Canon 7D & 5D Mark II : 24-70mm f2.8L : 70-200mm f2.8L IS II : 17-40mm f4L : CANON EF 100MM F2.8 MACRO L IS USM: 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM : 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS : 50mm f1.8 : 430EX II & 580EX II External Speedlites : Manfrotto 190X PROB + 804RC2 head : Lee CPL, ND and GND filter system : Lee Big Stopper : CS6 Photoshop : PS Elements 11 : PS Lightroom 5 Tightly packed into a Lowepro Pro Runner 450

Follow me on FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/GreenOrchardPhotography

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the job.

Commitment seems to be a problem with too many and not just in the employment field. I don't think it is specifically an age thing but a much broader malaise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by peterb666; 25-08-2011 at 9:40am.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Odille - hope all goes well for you !
    Lesley