Thread: What colur backdrop?

What colur backdrop?

Want to shoot my lovely youngest Daughter in a couple of weeks - Year 12 Formal.
    I reckon I have enough bit and pieces to set up a 'poverty pack' home studio.
    Couple of small continuous (daylight white globes) flood lights - I think 200W;
    and I'll knock up a couple of DIY softboxes.
    Or, I might have a new SB-700 flash unit by then and have the offer of borrowing a second (thanks KIWI).

Here is the thing though . . . My daughter has quite fair skin and her dress is aubergine in colour.
    (gord . . I made the mistake of calling it purple . . .ears still ringing!!)
    The 'Man Bag' she is going with will be in a traditional grey suit, aubergine shirt.

Question:- What colour backdrop?

Fredo
    Fred
    D600, D300, D5100, F100
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4; Sigma 24-70 f/2.8; Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8; Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR.
    3 X Nikon SB-700 Speedlights; Battery Grip; Manfrotto 679B Monopod

white........cause it can be all shades of grey.....or stark white ......or easy to select in ps and totally change it .........or any neutral beige creamy coloured wall.......white ceiling

+1. My wife is also fair skin and blond hair and a white high key portrait looks pretty good. Haven't tried low key yet, but I think high key is a better look.

Threadstarter

Can't thank you enough for this.
    Really really appreciate it.

Fred