Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Copying & Transporting “Actions” in CS3

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copying & Transporting “Actions” in CS3

A while ago, Mongo created some frame actions in CS3 where they have continued to live and work happily. Mongo has promised those actions to another AP member who would like to use them.

Question : - how can Mongo copy those actions and send them to the other AP member via email or PM ???

Please note that Mongo has looked in Programs – Adobe – Adobe Photoshop CS3 – presets – actions. While a number of other actions appear there, the ones that he is interested in (along with about 80% of the others) DO NOT appear there. So, it seems He cannot copy them from there.

PS - does anyone know where the “actions palette menu” is to be found in CS3. Some instructions Mongo has say to “duplicate” in the “actions palette menu” and similar instructions that all talk about the “actions palette menu”. What it currently looks like is attached below

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mongo; 26-07-2011 at 8:32pm.
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are just in a folder on your computer.

Look under Program Files : Adobe : Adobe Photoshop CS (version) : Presets : Actions

Then just copy and paste to your desktop or a known place (USB drive for example). Then you can take them with you, email them etc. To install on another PC, do the opposite and copy them to the folder on that PC (as per above). Restart Photoshop and they will be there for use
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Rick but as you will see from Mongo's post , Mongo have already looked in that exact location and only about 20% of the actions Mongo has and uses are actually listed and shown there - really bizarre. The ones Mongo wants to copy are not amongst those

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no actions, Mongo, but look at their file extension and then forage for others that may be located elsewhere on your drive.
    (Or do I have to eat my hat?) Am.

Actually, they are *.atn files.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 27-07-2011 at 4:01pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.