User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Remote switch - online (aussie based) purchase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote switch - online (aussie based) purchase.

I want to buy a remote switch for my Canon. Another thread talks about more expensive aftermarket remote switches but not the ones I am referring to.

Ebay sellers have them for 10 to 12 dollars at your door, whereas the brand product is about 4 times that. Also the non brand remote switches are longer - another advantage. My question is, are the units sold online of good quality? reliable and won't cause any damage to the camera? Thanks in advance.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have cheap ebay cable shutter releases for my 400D and the wireless for my 7D, both are good quality and I have had no problems with either. I am also going to order the LCD timer release for the 7D from the same supplier in the next couple of weeks.
    Keith.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please visit our Online store for all remote switches: http://www.jjcphotography.com.au/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Save your money and buy on eBay, I've been using them with a 400D, 550D and 60D for several years and never had a problem.
    In my experience you'll have it within 2 weeks of payment.
    Mark

Canon 70D w/Grip l Canon 60D w/Grip l EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM l EF 70-200 f4L IS USM l EF-S 15-85 f3.5-5.6 IS USM l EF 100 f2.8 USM Macro l EF-S 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS STM l EF 50 f1.8 II l Canon EF-S 10-22 f3.5-4.5 USM l 430 EX II Flash l Rode Stereo VideoMic l Manfrotto 055XPROB + 498RC2 Tripod l Benro MP-96 M8 Monopod l Lowepro Vertex 200 AW Backpack l Lowepro Pro Runner 300 AW Backpack l PS CS5 Extended l Lightroom 4.3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought mine off ebay for a Canon 7D and until I dropped it in the water all was great. quickly dried it off and it kept working for the rest of that meet. Totally forgot about it's bath till several weeks later and found it would not work at all. Thinking it was dead and gone just checked the battery and it was shorted out. Replaced the battery and it's going great.
    Very happy with my cheapie off ebay.
    Peter.

Some of my photo's are at www.peterking.id.au

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone I appreciate the input. Have ordered one off E-bay (vendor in Aust) $9.99 landed on my doorstep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the Nikon also has similar one available on Ebay
    Graeme

Nikon D90,Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Nikon 18-105 f3.5-5.6VR, Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6Di VC,Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX, Benro A2692TB1S tripod

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The remote switch for my Canon arrived this morning. $10 on my doorstep and it works beautifully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow they is good and cheap.
    "Knowledge is a single point, but the ignorant have multiplied it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend the phottix wireless trigger for those who are looking to get one. It works both as a wired and wireless trigger. The IR triggers have a short range and don't work very well in bright sunlight. The phottix wireless triggers use RF and so has extended range and is not affected by bright light.