So tonight i will be doing the night shift at work....
Does anybody else, on here, have to do night shifts for work?
How to survive the night shift?
I haven't done the night shift for a long long time now...
But here are my tips:
1. Bring sugary snacks - chocolate, jelly snakes, sweets like Jersey caramels.
2. Drink lots of coffee.
3. Bring something to occupy your time for the nights when it is quiet - lap top, book, tablet, movies!
4. Cigarettes for those who smoke and a lighter or 2 - sure sucks when you have ciggies and your lighter ain't working.
5. If all hell breaks loose, lock yourself in the office and call the Police! Triple zero is the number.
6. If somebody needs the ambulance, know your ambulance code so that they can answer to your call promptly.
7. Always have the phone or duress alarm with you in case of being attacked by zombies, werewolves, vampires, ghosts...
8. Sit back and relax... enjoy the night shift! You're the boss of the place! Make the office comfortable for you!