13 25.00%
  • I can't be bothered

10 19.23%
  • I don't take pictures

4 7.69%
  • I don't want to share

0 0%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Why don't you post any (more) pictures ?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheryl, to specifically answer your question ask why it matters ?

It matters if people post pictures
    It matters if people contribute other ways too
    It matters if people weren't posting pictures for the wrong reasons (there are at least a couple of members who will now start posting pictures)

As I said in post #144 up to each individual to determine why they do of don't, there's plenty of reasons for both

But I'll maintain that as a general observation that people who post pics learn quicker and that the forum overall benefits.
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree from the point of view that posting does help others learn. I dont really have a defence against that. In fact I have nothing to reply for that. I did learn a lot from this forum, books, magazines, shows etc. Hmmm makes me wonder. Perhaps I use my blog as my way to share and contribute to the bigger community. I like the blog views because it doesnt encourage feedback its more a way for me to show my perspective. Hmmm. I actually have been given a bit to think about.
    Using a 7d or a s95
    Advice and Edits welcome
    http://adamrose.wordpress.com/ [/CENTER]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    being a newbie, i have posted a few pic's and got some excellent advice, and some not so useful.
    i think you have to explain what advice you want to receive, as well as an idea of where you are with your photography and what you were trying to acheive.

however saying this i dont generally give CC, because i feel that apart from composition and personal opinions, my understanding of photography is still very limited and i dont want to give anybody wrong/unhelpfull advice.

hopefully as my understanding grows i will feel more confident in assessing the faults with a photo give advice that will help.
    i do like to look at others images and learn from them, and think to myself i would have tried to do it like this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree partially with Apollo62, that if the two word feedback were the only comments seen then there is little value, but my understanding was that this site has an aim to support photography and photographer, some of whom really would value and be encouraged by a few 'well done' or 'great capture' comments. (I dream of having one of you lot reply 'nice shot' to one of my photos!). So overall Kiwi is right
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    ... I think I'd prefer 20 nice shot comments rather than nothing
    Alex Delaforce - Teacher / Education and Technology Manager, Gold Coast
    Canon 6D, Canon 50D (died), Tokina 12-28, Tamron 70-200 (VC), Sigma 50.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjphoto View Post
    I'm a lot more careful about what I do post on this forum because the editing rules (30 minute limit) don't allow me to change my mind at a later date and alter any part of the post (eg. a link, text or image). It's forum policy, and that's fine, but that change in policy has certainly changed my view about posting.

It's a shame, IMHO, that the forum works that way as many others don't and I definitely post stuff (words and pics) on other forums that I won't post here (or any other forums with the same rule) ONLY for the reason I've mentioned.

JJ
    Firstly it is 60 minutes and it was introduced ages ago after a series of edits to posts, that made threads look ridiculous and in once case made another member look like their post was nasty. A member changed the photo presented after several critiques, then others viewed the thread and made comments about what they saw, and how another critique was picky and unjust. Yet they were critiquing a different photo to the one critiqued by the first member. We decided to allow a 60 minute edit window after several experiences like that. In one instance a member edited their comments in an off-topic heated discussion, that then made someone else's reply to them seem like a personal attack, when it wasn't, but the change of wording caused a few issues and ended up with us removing the thread from the site.

So whilst I get that editing a post is helpful, I feel 60 minutes is plenty of time to do so, with consideration to the implications of open slather editing as I have detailed above.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789