Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    Have you ever tried to take a grey-market L lens into Canon for their "International Warranty" lately?
    They'll tell you to take it back to where you bought it from if you want it fixed under warranty, and then you can wait for weeks as the lens is returned to its country of origin etc.
    Years ago, they would honour the International Warranty, but today......................................................

If you do get hit for GST, then between the GST and freight, it may actually be cheaper in the long run to buy it locally.

As I said, I have bought a lot of stuff grey-market, but if their isn't much difference in the cost, I'll buy locally.
    They still honour international warranty from what i understand. As long as you have the old green card, they will honour it, which by now should be almost expired since they stopped issuing it in Aug 2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I buy all my lenses from B&H.

Where ever you buy from you will enjoy the 70-200 lens

Regards
    Bodies : Canon 450D, Canon 7D
    Lenses : Canon 15-85 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100mm F2.8 Makro USM, Canon 24-70 L F2.8 USM, Canon 70-200 L F4, Canon 100-400 L F4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Editing : Photoshop CS5

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter has bought a couple of lenses from DD Photographics without any problems. I bought the Sigma 70-200 2.8 when I was in Hong Kong (not the new IS version) and I had nothing but trouble with the AF on a Canon 400D and 50D. After many visits (around 12) to C.R. Kennedy in Sydney and two returns to Sigma in Japan, it was finally replaced with a new one. I must say though that C.R. Kennedy were wonderful through it all. I decided to sell it and buy what I originally wanted but couldn't afford at the time - a Canon 70-200 2.8 L series (version 1).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12