User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: curiosity killed the cat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

curiosity killed the cat

but satisfaction brought it back. Just out of curiosity sake I am wondering how did you all get into photography. We were not born with Cameras in our hands of course but wondering was there something that got you into photography from the start maybe your mum or dad or a close relation or friend did photography and you picked it up from there. Maybe it was a subject you thought of trying at school or maybe your first time at taking photos was on your mobile phone and you and your friends / family could see you had something going. For me it was my mum that always seemed to have a camera in her hand I can remember when I was very young she had a box brownie she was not a photographer but loved taking photos especially at birthday party's and special events she gave me one of her old Cameras I guess she must have gotten a new one can't remember. I also love taking photos but it was not until I became pregnant with my daughter I thought with a baby on the way how wonderful would it be to be able to take really nice photos and not just snap shots so I looked into doing a course but could not afford it. So now there comes this time in my life when I got the itch again and thought never too old to learn I guess. Anyway would love to hear from you and your story.
    All experts were once beginners

Nikon D3100 18 55 kit lens Nikon 35 mm Nikon 70 300mm optex tripod

MWAH! Sandy

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the solar system was in another part of the galaxy, I was given one of these.
    And I've still got it
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, you know nothing of childbirth

Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah I remember seeing that ad so if that is the truth so why was I not born with a camera in my hands LoL thanks for bringing back that image for me and thanks for the laugh now time for your stroy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Dad was into Photography, He bought me a Box Brownie during Primary school, And later he bought , But I used a Pentax spotmatic , I used to do sport shooting with it , We had it fitted with the 600mm Takumar for Surfing shots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for sharing Bill I seen one of those brownies for sale on Ebay just today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont even tell me how Much Nikkie Let alone the Takumar

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's the thing I was going to bid on right now really cheap I can send you the number in a pm if you like it was 2 one brownie and the something else can't remember now