Thread: In Perth 4-7 August

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Perth 4-7 August

Hi all, I will be in Perth for a few days 4-7 August, and would love to know some places that are good/interestring for photography, I am into sunrises & landscapes, (would love to do a sunset) and fauna/flora/macro. If anyone wants to meet up, that would be cool also. I don't think I will have time for the zoo as both imes I have been there previously, I spent the entire day
    Any help would be appreciated. Transport at this stage would be public unless I get a hire car. I still don't know where I will be staying as it will be booked by hubby's boss.
    Cheers
    Jo

Canon 7D user on P Plates

CC is encouraged: No need to be gentle
    Don't be offended by my CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jo. I'm sure we can sort something out
    A sunset shoot over the ocean somewhere sounds great, depending on where you are staying this could be one of the Northern beaches (Trigg/Benion which I am still yet to do) or down South (Point Peron always has some interest). Public transport may be an issue, but we can probably work something out in regards to a lift from your hotel.

Fauna/flora/macro - well you cant go wrong with Kings Park which is easily accessible.

Let us know which evening works best for sunset for you and we'll try and get a few AP'ers out?
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to agree with Shirl.
    I can do after work on 5th, 6th or 7th.
    Peter.

Some of my photo's are at www.peterking.id.au

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a plan Shirl & Peter, as I know more I will let you know.

Cheers Jo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather permitting, I would like to come out also.
    Stirling
    Bodies: Canon 40D, Canon 7D
    lenses: 17-85mm is f4.5
    85mm f1.8 prime
    100-400mm f 4.5-5.6 is L
    Canon 430 EX ll flash
    Canon TC-80N3 remote timer

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it seems I wont have as much free time as I anticipated
    I have been given a rough itinery, so this is what I have wrangled free so far: Thursday late arvo & evening free, Friday is free all day until dinner (still waiting on the booked time for restaurant) early Sat free (at this stage) early sun free.
    Apparently I will be staying in Freemantle at the Esplanade hotel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silkdiver View Post
    I have been given a rough itinery, so this is what I have wrangled free so far: Thursday late arvo & evening free, Friday is free all day until dinner (still waiting on the booked time for restaurant) early Sat free (at this stage) early sun free.
    Being picky. Fremantle We locals call it Freo.
    You lucky sod! So many opportunities there. Just across the park is the fishing boat harbour. What a treasure. I'm thinking Little Creatures. Your Shout. Saturday Sunset 17:42. Meet about 4:30 if I can make it by then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silkdiver View Post
    Looking at possibilities and hopefully giving good consideration to your style.
    Just out the front door of the Esplanade is a park. On the other side of the park is Fremantle's Fishing Boat Harbour. This is a very popular spot for photographers. Lots of streetscape, architecture and pano's.
    I finish work well north of Freo at 5:30 so it would be 6 or just after, before I could get there.
    If you want I'd be happy to meet there and show you around on Thursday 4th. Sunset is at 5:42 so I'd miss that but there should be lots of other opportunities. Unfortunately this is the only time I can make it due to my work schedule.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterking View Post
    Looking at possibilities and hopefully giving good consideration to your style.
    Just out the front door of the Esplanade is a park. On the other side of the park is Fremantle's Fishing Boat Harbour. This is a very popular spot for photographers. Lots of streetscape, architecture and pano's.
    I finish work well north of Freo at 5:30 so it would be 6 or just after, before I could get there.
    If you want I'd be happy to meet there and show you around on Thursday 4th. Sunset is at 5:42 so I'd miss that but there should be lots of other opportunities. Unfortunately this is the only time I can make it due to my work schedule.
    That sounds great, I can try to do a sunset over the harbour perhaps before you arrive , I will pm you you my contact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the Esplanade is a nice part of Freo Silk. There are plenty of good locations in and around Freo.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm heading to just south of Freo with my Nature photography group on Sun morn. Happy to pick you up and drop you off. , we normally meet up by 7:30am and finish by 10am at the latest.

I have lunch so wouldn't be staying much past 9:30am.

Bring something long & something macro.

PM me for contact.
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enduro View Post
    I'm heading to just south of Freo with my Nature photography group on Sun morn. Happy to pick you up and drop you off. , we normally meet up by 7:30am and finish by 10am at the latest.

I have lunch so wouldn't be staying much past 9:30am.

Bring something long & something macro.

PM me for contact.
    Will pm you

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shirl, at this stage it looks like I only have the Thursday night free for a sunset, (in freemantle) we don't get the time itinery until we arrive Thurday, and there are 2 dinners I "must" attend on Friday & Sat nights. I know the Friday one is in Freemantle but not what time.
    I do have all day friday free and most likey most of Saturday free if anyone is not workng and wants to get together.
    Maybe someone can advise me of a place where I can do a sunrise (and yes I know that it won't rise over the water in WA ) I will prob get a hire car for 1 day so I can zoom around and see something and of course take photos!
    Last edited by silkdiver; 31-07-2011 at 11:27am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jo, I should be able to do a sunrise on Saturday with you. I'll come pick you up and think about a few different options!
    I'll flick you a pm later....