Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training vs Gear vs Natural Talent

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This old thread covers a lot on the subject http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...d-Photographer
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozspeed View Post
    Sticktoitiveness is the best word to use ( nice word Tannin)
    It's a great word - but I didn't invent it. I borrowed it from one of the outstanding practical philosophical thinkers of our era: Col. Potter from MASH.

Head him use it one time maybe 30 years ago, never forgot it. It had - uh - stickintheheadness! (sorry)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the suggestion to look at other photographers work, and try to replicate it. Find the images you find most inspiring, and work from there. It's also a good way to get creatively unstuck, or inspired again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the desire and you have the tools then it is up to you whether you want to suceed. These days we have the best learning tools available.The internet and digital photography.Forums like this one with skilled photographers who are willing to share their knowledge with you.Be active in forums and post your images for comments and help.If you have a friend who is a good photographer ask for help or direction. Some people hate camera clubs and others love them.It is a way of meeting fellow photographers and learning from them.
    Find your style of photography you like and practice on that.After you have achieved one style,try another.
    John
    Pentax K5
    Pentax K10 D Limited Edition
    Pentax FA*28-70mm f/2.8
    Pentax FA*80-200mm f/2.8
    Pentax 100 MACRO f/2.8
    Pentax FA 31mm 1.8 Limited
    Pentax FA 15 mm Limited Wide Angle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that sometimes very experienced people forget where us newbies start. Many people buy their camera's and just use Auto all the time. Trying to fathom the manual that comes with a camera is often very daunting for a newcomer. Doing basic training such as 'understanding your DSLR' opens up a whole new world that had previously been avoided. A lot of the passion blossoms after we venture into 'non auto modes' and PP and see the results. I do agree with the majority of all the comments above.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjphoto View Post
    You sound kind of all over the place and lost. Decide what you want first and then figure out the best way to do it.

JJ
    This is exactly the case. I really love taking photographs and playing around with them in photoshop, but I am lost. I get overwhelmed easily ( ) and so caught up in nitty details that I forget to go out and actually try.

I very much welcome and appreciate your feedback and constructive criticism!

If you would like to edit any image I post here, please feel free to do so! I would love to see what you can come up with and learn your method.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12