Is slowing sending me insane. I swear I had a headache before lunch time. I know you guys are probably sick of these types of posts but...urgh, I dunno what I'm doing, plainly.
I've read through the forum and the all the 'how to's' and I think I've figured out the specifics of what I need: Height without center column: 'bout 59.8inches. Max.load: round 7kgs (in-case I ever get to get some massive lens (I'm aloud to dream) I don't want to suddenly have to get another tripod, too). Preferably a ballhead, since most of the use will be for wildlife. Either way with head types (damn, that's confusing too) I want a quick release. Aluminum/carbon fiber:...I have no idea.
Vanguard 263AB 100 I think looks about right...but then there's Silk, Manfrotto, Benro and a million other brands. Downside: (apart from the choosing difficulty) I'm not a millionaire, so I can't really go over 300 at the moment. Saving up is an option, but if the others will do just as good a job (which, I don't really know, it's hard to look at reviews when I haven't been able to narrow it down much. Headache.) then I don't see the point in paying for a name.
So now that I've put you to sleep with all the senseless rambling (sorry ) any ideas/suggestions would be terrific Thanks guys!