• Tokina 12-24

6 12.24%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which UWA Lens Do you Use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Tokina 11-16, which isn't on the list. I tossed up for a while between the Siggy and the TOkina, but the distortion of the SIgma was just ridiculous in my opinion. And, besides, i love the flexibility of being able to use it in low light.
    Check out my Flickr!

Nikon D90 & 18-55mm Kit lens, Nikkor 50mm/1.4G & 35mm/1.8G, Tamron 90mm/2.8 macro, Tokina 11-16mm/2.8, and most recently, Nikkor 70-300 VR
    Benro Tripod, Manfrotto Head & Light craft ND500 Filter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another for Sigma

Not able to vote but used the Sigma 10-20 extensively on a trip to New Zealand a couple of years ago and it is to term a kiwi phrase "sweet as" lens. Never used the Canon but have a number of Canon lenses . Reviews might indicate the Canon might be marginally better but in real life no one has ever looked at my images and said that would have been better with the Canon. When i bought the sigma I could not afford the Canon! did I get value for money? Yes it was worth every dollar I paid and still is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the above posts with interest as I am currently looking at purchasing a lens that is not mentioned here, ie a TOKINA 11-16 2.8 I like their reviews, but I would appreciate comment from anyone who has one. Being a 3rd part lens do they provide you with EXIF and associated stuff. Would be hanging it of a 50D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll love the Tokina on your 50D.
    I'm using one on a 60D, and it's a great lens.
    Surprisingly sharp, and the colours and contrast are excellent too.

All the EXIf data shows up too.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rich text editor, vB_Editor_QR_editor, press ALT 0 for help.Well, been quite a few comments now and to follow up I purchased teh sigma 10-20 a little while ago. Really liked the UWA of this lens although as I had been warned it does tak some getting used to :-) - "Look, there is a tripod leg in that shot" etc.
    After some use I was having some soft focus issues and very blurred focus only on the left hand side of the lens which I had read about due to QC by Sigma but have had it corrected under warranty. Only got it back Mondya last week so still to power test the lens but initial test all looks better now.

Was looking at a 5D purchase before the end of the yr and was going to sell my two EF-S lens but have decided to wait to see what the 5D Mk III is going to offer first. Hence, no longer for sale and will spend some more time on the 50D :-).

Thanks to all for the comments and albeit I did have anitial hiccup with my copy I still think this a great lens for the price would recommend it to anyone on a crop sensor on a budget.

Here is an example of shot I have taken with the Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6

Thanks
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234