User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live trade ban lifted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to disagree with many of you, but I think Alan Jones is a very smart man who does know what is really going on.

You may not like his politics, but I can well remember him giving lots of curry to Liberal politicians too.
    Apart from that, he has helped so many people and worthwhile organisations, he could be up for a sainthood.
    A lot of what he does is not known by others, as he doesn't advertise what he does, but he done lots of good things for many.

Without people like him trying to keep the bastards honest, we would be far worse off than we are now.
    He isn't the number 1 DJ in Australia for nothing.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post

A good gauge of the redneck opinion is... whatever happens to be spewing forth from Alan Jones' mouth
    Oh dear. You really have got a hatred for him. Have you listened to everything he has ever said? If not, I cannot see how you can make this statement.

I know he is rabidly anti-mining tax (massively watered down)
    I know he is rabidly anti carbon tax (massively watered down to the point of being completely pointless)
    Good, and so it should be. The whole thing is a scam and a ridiculous burden for no benefit.

I have no idea what his stance of the live cattle trade is (it would be what ever Abbot thinks = because he tells Abbot what to think).
    Really? You have evidence of this?

According to your logic (other countries don't care: so why should we), if other countries find a way of making money by drowning kittens in boiling oil: then should we follow suit?
    Please Scotty, do not make silly statements. So, do you have evidence of countries boiling kittens in oil and we are sending said kittens for such a purpose? Keep to facts. I am appalled by the treatment of cattle just like hopefully everyone, but it seems very convenient to wash your hands of the cattle trade fiasco, yet I don't see anyone jumping up and down about cattle from other countires being inhumanely slaughtered. Where are all those so concerned now when these farmers were going to have to slaugher the catttle in their thousands that were destined for the Indonesian abbotoirs? Where is Four Corners now?

The whole thing was handled appallingly by this government. Before shutting down the exports, they should have had dialogue with the people concerned in Indonesia and fixed it that way rather than decimate an industry and upset the Indonesian government. The fact is this practice had been going on for years and the government knew about it but as a knee jerk reaction they shut down the whole shebang.
    Last edited by Lance B; 07-07-2011 at 6:09pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I have listened to him, quite frequently. I often listen to his 7:15am interviews (but I refuse to listen to him playing the song, 'Gloria'... Too horrible)

And listening to him fawn all over 'Lord' Munckton was irritating.

No, I don't really have evidence. It is what Julia calls 'hyper-bowl'

Do I really have to explain the boiling kittens thing? If so, there is no point. Stop taking everything so literally, please.

Also, I know Alan Jones is a very decent human being and am aware of the charity he does and I already mentioned his championing of small business etc against government and big business (eg small business taking on Woolworths in Mittagong). Personally, he is wonderful; politically, he is a tool

Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    Oh dear. You really have got a hatred for him. Have you listened to everything he has ever said? If not, I cannot see how you can make this statement.

Good, and so it should be. The whole thing is a scam and a ridiculous burden for no benefit.

Really? You have evidence of this?

Please Scotty, do not make silly statements. So, do you have evidence of countries boiling kittens in oil and we are sending said kittens for such a purpose? Keep to facts. I am appalled by the treatment of cattle just like hopefully everyone, but it seems very convenient to wash your hands of the cattle trade fiasco, yet I don't see anyone jumping up and down about cattle from other countires being inhumanely slaughtered. Where are all those so concerned now when these farmers were going to have to slaugher the catttle in their thousands that were destined for the Indonesian abbotoirs? Where is Four Corners now?

The whole thing was handled appallingly by this government. Before shutting down the exports, they should have had dialogue with the people concerned in Indonesia and fixed it that way rather than decimate an industry and upset the Indonesian government. The fact is this practice had been going on for years and the government knew about it but as a knee jerk reaction they shut down the whole shebang.
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12