Thread: Live trade ban lifted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    So this is better than being in a confined space, tied up and terrified, and having your throat cut slowly and struggling for life for a long time until you bleed to death? Or worse than being in a confined space, tied up and terrified, and having your throat cut slowly and struggling for life for a long time until you bleed to death? I'm battling to work out what your point is here.
    I guess that my point is that if they stay here, they are still living in poor conditions for a much longer time than they should, and if it's better to wait under these conditions rather than going to be slaughtered.

There is a big cultural difference between the Indonesians and us as far as animal welfare is concerned.
    To them, animals are just there to be used and abused, with no regard for their welfare (as it is written in the Quaran), whereas here, we do worry about the feelings, both physical and emotional, of the animals.
    When you ship something to another country, you have to be aware of their cultural differences and how your products will be viewed and looked after over there.
    It's no good complaining about what they do with your product sometime after you've been shipping them out to them for some years.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    When you ship something to another country, you have to be aware of their cultural differences and how your products will be viewed and looked after over there.
    It's no good complaining about what they do with your product sometime after you've been shipping them out to them for some years.
    I guess that is one of the arguments for suggesting we end the live trade.

Should we let $$$ buy off our humaneness: and if so, in which other areas are we willing to sell our conscience?

Clearly, at least some in, the industry think we should.

Scotty
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr