User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Need help on MT-24EX on Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help on MT-24EX on Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS

My wife finally realise the credit card transaction and I was narrowing ducking a flying digger....

Anyway, there are rumors saying I don't have to flog out another $50 for the Canon adapter to have the twin flash mounted onto the macro L lens.

Some say it's a 58-67 step up ring, some say it's a 58-67 step down ring, some say it has to be the Cokin branded A filter ring and other said otherwise!!! That's after I have spend the entire morning research and it seems everyone have an different answer, and works....

I know a few people have this combo on this board - can someone give me a definite answer on this query, please.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Stu at Quality Camera Sales (AP site advertiser). He will have the right part at your door on Friday.
    Tony

Nobody reads signatures. For proof, refer to my previous one.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is different to a step up ring its deeper in the center.

I bought my Canon 67C Macrolite Adapter in April from Adorama USA for $32 when I bought my Twin Lite Flash from them.
    They are also one of the site sponsors

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 100 mm macro (non L) so I don't need an adapter for that, but for my 180mm, I do. The 72C adapter does not just go from one filter thread to another, it goes from the filter thread to a threadless rim that macro-lites clamp on to and can rotate freely on, like a Cokin holder might. If there is a Cokin series that uses adapter rings of the same size, I don't know what it is, other than that it would have to be smaller than the P-series (too big), i.e. the A-series. On the net I can only find A-series adapters up to 62 mm, so I would rule that out too. I guess you have to get the 67C.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andylo
    I used a 67mm -58mm step down ring > an old 58mm uv filter with glass removed to act as a spacer > and the cokin 58mm A series adapter on which the M24 clamp grips onto,
    this A series adapter has a definite groove in which the M24 locates very nicely

Works very well on the 100mm IS macro & if I want I have another step down ring which allows it ti be used on my Tamron 180mm macro also

If I'm allowed to mention, I found Vanbar to be a good source for these bits & pieces
    hope this helps

Bryan
    Bryan

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your replies

hmm... looks like a little more difficult than I anticipate if I don't use the Canon parts.... I will have a look of the step down + filter option.