User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RICOH to buy PENTAX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I somewhat agree and disagree. I'd think most people who pick up a DSLR and lock it to auto, do so with the much more visible Canikon line.
    Some Pentax stuff and junk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I paid more than i wanted to but less than I expected.
    It certainly feels smaller than the K10 but not uncomfortable. Perhaps a few new controls to learn but all quite instinctive having used the K10 for a few years.
    I think the transition will be quite straight forward
    It should arrive at the shop Monday and with the upcoming trip overseas, it will bring the price down further.

I don't think I got much understanding from the rest of the family though.. 'Why do you want another one?"

Obviously the answer is 'cos it will do the job I need it to do, the K10 unfortunately could not'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it is for the better hope they produce some great lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initiallly I was quite concerned about the takeover, but I saw a photographer out the other week who had a K5 hanging around his neck and a couple of Niikon D3x hanging from his hips - used the Nikons out of frustration of Pentax not gouiing full frame. But he is currently buying a copy of all Pentax FF lenses as he is pretty confident that Ricoh will go FF. Who knows but i am feeling more confident in getting a DA70mm now (or maybe a FA77mm if the Aussie dollar keeps rising).
    There are two types of people in this world -
    West Perth supporters and the misguided.

Pentax K7 - Pentax DA 16-45mm F4, DA L 55-300mm, SMC M 50mm F1.7, SMC M 28mm F2.8

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcons View Post
    Initiallly I was quite concerned about the takeover, but I saw a photographer out the other week who had a K5 hanging around his neck and a couple of Niikon D3x hanging from his hips - used the Nikons out of frustration of Pentax not gouiing full frame. But he is currently buying a copy of all Pentax FF lenses as he is pretty confident that Ricoh will go FF. Who knows but i am feeling more confident in getting a DA70mm now (or maybe a FA77mm if the Aussie dollar keeps rising).
    Already buying the FF Ltd's (just in case). I am also using a D700 for FF. The 77mm is the latest acquisition and is a rock solid lens.

Best regards

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234