On numerous occasions I've found myself suddenly pick up the camera, to take a possum for example, and it still has the settings of last night's moon shot; I always forget to change something, you can guarantee it! Lol. Is this just because I'm a rookie or does everyone have to deal with this?

Then I thought, what if you're out somewhere photographing a landscape. The sun is setting, the light is low; you don't want too much noise so you keep the ISO low and increase the SS, tripod, mirror lock up, maybe have bracketing on because you may do an HDR rendition later.#

Suddenly an owl or hawk starts flying around to your left looking for mice. Now you need to quickly take your camera off the tripod, turn off bracketing and mirror lock up, increase your ISO, reduce the SS, maybe open the aperture a bit, increase the fps for those action shots and change your AF to centre point only...all in a matter of seconds.

Surely this must happen a lot; that someone #suddenly finds themselves wanting wildly different camera settings very quickly? #I was wondering what techniques people on the forum employed to combat such a situation?