User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

View Poll Results: To buy or not to buy...

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • No I wouldn't buy an iPad?

14 51.85%
  • If you own one, do you find it a useful tool?

8 29.63%
  • Would you buy one?

6 22.22%
  • How do you rate it?

4 14.81%
  • What do you use your iPad for?

4 14.81%
  • Is it worth it?

3 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To buy or not to buy an iPad (poll and comments please) :-)

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree it is not there yet, but it does represent the beginning of the next phase....it might not BE the next phase.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    See this is where we get disagreement.
    the problem tablets are many fold, and the major one, is that it can't replace the desktop.
    If you want real computing, you still need a desktop(or laptop for less power hungry people).

All this flick browsing is available and has been available for PC for some time, but people didn't want to know about it because it didn't look 'cool'.
    I read a review on the S1080 this morning, and one comment from another reder of the review was that the S1080 waas 'too thick'.
    Of course the author of that comment had no idea on what they were talking about as the feeling in your hand is not different enough for compared to an iPad 2 to makee any real sense. But the S1080 is not as sleek to look at compared to the Gigabyte.
    This is where the Apple products come into their own. They place form over function to the ultimate detriment of the user.

I'm currently typing up my reply(via the roll up keyboard) on the tablet now that the kids have finished playing wth it.
    It's partly a desktop, partly a laptop, and in reality it's a tablet PC.

it has enough hardwired connectivity to replace any one of the three devicees it pretends to be and a features long enough to fulfil 90% of most people's needs.

My major gripe with the likes of iPad type tablets(and I think this inncludes Android powered devices too, is that they ony provide cheap thrills,annd we all know that cheap thrills have a short life cycle.
    The other day, my son was brieflly playing with his mate on his mats iPad, and they were playing a game of this icehockey game that you flick a puck across thee screen.
    This lasted only a few minutes and he got bored of it.

now he has access to a small portable PC in the form of this tablet, he could easily spend 24 hours in a singlee stint playing transport tycoon(OpennTTD) which of course I am fully to blame for getting him addicteed too!

I want a desktop. HE wants another gaming machinne .... and SHE wants another scribbly pad to write and draw with ...
    The technology is nowhere near mature yet, but I believe that this is the future of computing!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one and didn't really have a use for it so I sold it less then a week later. Basically unless you know why you want it no point getting one...

Paul

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pgbphotographytas View Post
    I had one and didn't really have a use for it so I sold it less then a week later. Basically unless you know why you want it no point getting one...

Paul
    What a shame, that so many times in the past, we told you this exact same thing. One can only hope you learn from your own words of wisdom here!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    What a shame, that so many times in the past, we told you this exact same thing. One can only hope you learn from your own words of wisdom here!
    Totally agree Rick

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thread closed at OP request

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123