User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Wireless flash triggers help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wireless flash triggers help.

I would like to try some off camera flash and intend buying a wireless flash trigger and at least one receiver (maybe 2 for when I get another flash) and I am confused after looking at them all ........ mainly the Youngnuo RF602. My questions are -
    1...... Do they have to be compatable with my camera model (Canon 500D) ?
    2...... Do they also have to be compatable with my current flash (Canon 430EXII) ?
    3...... If so, some sites say it will work with the 430EX. What about the 430 EXII ?
    Mick.

http://www.pbase.com/guzziev

Canon 7D, Canon 15 - 85 mm, Canon EF 70 - 300mm L lens, Canon 100mm macro L lens, Canon 430EXII flash, Fancier tripod, Lowepro 190 camera bag, Canon RC6 remote shutter release, Yong Nuo flash trigger and receiver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mick,
    I recently bought some RF602s. You'll need to make sure you buy the ones for Canon in general..I don't think they are specific to camera model. From the specs I've seen, they will work for your 500D and 430exii.
    Tania

CC always welcome http://www.taniafernandesphotography.com.au/
    Canon 5d iii, Canon 7d, 50 f/1.8 II, 85 f/1.8, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, 100 f/2.8 USM Macro

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tania, after much more research I have come to the same conclusion and have ordered one trigger and one receiver for the total sum of $27 delivered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the RF 602's for my Pentax K20D, they don't make them for Pentax but I got the Canon version, they work well but with some minor issues, nothing major though. The main difference in the different versions is the connecting cables that come with them. Some cameras from the same company have different plug sockets. Think the 5DII uses different cords to the 500D for example.?
    Pentax K20D & Grip, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG HSM II, Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash, LowePro Flipside 300 backpack, Photoshop CS 5, Lightroom 3, Manfrotto Monopod & 498 RC2 Ball Head, GoldPhoto "Tracker" Tripod, Hoya CPL and UV filters, Yongnuo RF602 flash triggers.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul, I received mine from ebay last week and have been playing with it for a while now. It works perfectly too.