Hi all I have a nikon D3100 Ive been trying to take photos of red flowers one post I made somebody said the red in the flower was blown out big time I did not know what that meant so I asked the poster did not get back to me fair enough I went out to have a look at the flower again I thought the flower was pink well it is but more of a deep pink the photo I took was pale pink I then got on to reading more about this and found that this is a common prob It was suggested to me that I try shooting on a cloudy day this still did not help much not as blown out but still a fair bit. I just want a red or deep pink flower to look that way Ive tried all the f stops and all that has been suggested to me but I just can't seem to get it right If the flower does come out red it still to soft is this something that is way beyond the capability's of somebody on there L plates and best left for professionals or intermediate photographers. I had a look online and this does seem to be very common from what I read is there a filter or a trick or something I can try to get the flower to be red or deep pink or just leave it alone until I have more experience behind me.