User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Canon Rocks !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon Rocks !!

I guess all the name brands get bad publicity at one time or other, and people easily write about negative experiences.
    In that light I would like to share my positive experience with Canon who have agreed to fix my Speedlite free of charge, although out of warranty.
    I am overwhelmed with gratitude to them because the $300 repair tag for a $600 item was for me more than daunting.
    In my case, the Speedlite had been barely used, less than 100 images, and had been packed away at home while I travelled for eight months - then a further few months before I decided to use it again.
    Canon has honoured the fact that I didn't receive fair usage from my product, and I am so happy with them for making the right decision in my case.
    Lesley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done.

But, I think Canon may be just recognising their statutory obligation that often extends far beyond the stated warranty period. ie. That the goods be fit for the purpose they were sold. Which, for a flash, would be thousands of pictures, not a hundred or so.

Never the less... a good outcome.

Scotty
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep good to hear a positive
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes these big companies surprise us by being fair & logical in situations like this, instead of just sticking to the fine print

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my canon gear and so far have had excellent service from my kit and is great to be hearing good service from Canon. I have heard a couple of stories similar to this where Canon has repaired out of the 12 month warranty.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just look at what its done. You can't buy this type of advertising. Well done to you and them.
    Cheers, Paul.
    Canon 50D w BG l Nifty Fifty l Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 l Sigma 24-70 f2.8 l EF 100mm f2.8 USM Macro l EF 300 f4L IS USM l EF 1.4X ll TC l 430EXII l Vanguard Alto Pro 263 w BH100 l Manfrotto 680B w 234RC l Lowepro Bags.l Sigma EM-140 Ring Flash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great to hear mate Nice to hear a positive story about a big company for once as well
    Six|West Studios

Canon 5D Classic | Canon 40D (gripped) | EF 24-70 f/2.8L USM | EF 70-200 f/2.8L USM | 430EXII | Kata DR-467

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had excellent service from Canon in Sydney, more than once; service above and beyond the call of duty sometimes.
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Canon too, BUT, I recently had a problem with the shutter button sticking - wouldn't pop back up at all. I rang Canon for their advice and got nowhere as it's now 14 months old (1month out of the warranty period). Initial cost would be $50 plus postage to find out what the problem was and that the cost of repairs may be worth more than the camera. When I mentioned again that it was only 14 months old and it hasn't been used excessively or handled harshly I was told in so many words - too bad!! I do understand that they have to draw the line somewhere but I was also disappointed at the offhand, unsympathetic manner of the guy on the other end of the phone.

Not a pleasant experience!
    Carole

Canon 550D|Canon 15-85mm|Canon 70-300mm|Canon 100mm f2.8 macro|50mm f1.8 II|
    Sony NEX 6|Sony 16-50mm| Sony 55-210mm|Sony RX100
    www.carolelloydphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    Well done.

But, I think Canon may be just recognising their statutory obligation that often extends far beyond the stated warranty period. ie. That the goods be fit for the purpose they were sold. Which, for a flash, would be thousands of pictures, not a hundred or so.

Never the less... a good outcome.

Scotty
    This is very true, and actually only something i recently discovered.

Good to see canon honouring this service without any prompting of the term "statutory warranty".

Actually statutory warranty is a very good reason to buy local rather than grey. Our consumer protection laws are excellent from what i've read and experienced.
    Last edited by pmack; 29-06-2011 at 11:08pm.