Hello everyone,

I’m wondering if there is anyone on here that shoots underwater wide angle and also uses the lens topside? I have just been given a Nikon D7000 and having trouble deciding what lens to buy. I have been searching or rather researching a lens that I could use for wide angle underwater but was also a good lens to use on land for landscapes and possibly family down the beach. Does such a lens exist? Am I being too optimistic in thinking that I can spend around $700 on a lens to get all this? I was nearly sold on the idea that the Tokina 11-16mm would fit the bill but the more I research on forums the less convinced I am. I know that this question is probably more suited to a specific underwater photography forum but seeing as I am a member here and I know that there are people that shoot underwater I thought I would post to see.

At the moment I am using a Nikon D70s with a 60mm in a Sea & Sea housing. I love the macro lens but am keen to move into underwater wide angle also. I was thinking that the f/2.8 might be good in low light underwater situations. I’ve read that the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye is also great for underwater use but I doubt I would like shooting topside landscapes in fisheye all the time.

Does anyone have a Tokina 11-16mm that they have lying around that I could borrow and test out? haha

If anyone has an opinion I would love to hear it, especially those who shoot underwater wide and topside.

Thanks
Nick