User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: POTW idea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POTW idea

(I tried to post this in the competitions section, but the site slowness wouldn't let me in)

The recent thread started by ricstew "baby with flower" created many emotional responses from members. I am sure that many other members viewed the thread and did not make a comment because it made them too emotional, or did not want to offend Jan.

I wonder whether a theme for photo of the week could be on the lines of "convey a message".
    We see many images on TV or magazines that pull on the heart strings. Many advertisers for things like road trauma, alcohol and smoking use images that are intended to leave an impression to make one think.

If you like the idea, the image title should contain no more than 3 words that convey the message within the image.

Just a thought.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The POTW themes are based on a series of cycles, look in the POTW forum and stickied is a list of upcoming themes. We may be able to incorporate something in future, but we plan themes months in advance.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it's clearly out for the immediate future, Geoff's idea sounds interesting to me. It would give members something a bit different from the usual strictly pictorial themes to think about.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick. I was thinking in the future anyway. I'm still getting over the effect of Jan's image.
    Last edited by geoffsta; 21-06-2011 at 3:24pm.

keen learner of new tricks.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea...
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.