User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Anyone using a Canon SX130 IS (point and shoot) camera?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone using a Canon SX130 IS (point and shoot) camera?

Hello.

I know this site is mainly for SLR use.But I am sure that most of us that have SLR here,have some sort of PS,these really have all the virtues our SLR's do not,their very small and relatively cheap.I use mine when pulling apart stuff in workshop-so I can go back and see how to put it back together,after I have done repair,Cannot do that with a 50D and 17-55 F 2.8-well one could would not be good in a busy workshop.

I have a Canon 7.1 MP PS its 4 years old,have no compliants with it,very handy.But I am looking at a new Canon SX130 IS PS,it looks like a PS version on my Canon 450D,has anyone here one of these?? if so how do you find it??looks and feels like an up grade on my older one,but will the results be better??Hope someone here has one,and can tell what its like in the field.

Thanks
    Canon 50D and 450D - Canon 10-22 F3.5-5.6, 17-55 F2.8 L, 70-200 F2.8 L, 400 prime F5.6 L, 60mm F2.8 macro, EX 430 Flash,and all sorts of other bits and pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the sx120 IS. IM fairly sure there were minimal improvements between these cameras.
    I guess this would be an OK point and shoot for just taking snaps, however the IQ was pretty bad above iso100. You might consider something with a slightly less zoom range also which may reduce size, and also may have better optics.
    1DIII, 5DII, 15mm fish, 24mm ts-e, 35L,135L,200L,400L,mpe-65mm
    Film: eos 300, pentax 6x7

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairy Bombs. (Excuse the capital French.) I hasten to VEHEMENTLY wish to set you straight...
    Divest yourself immediately of this idea:
    I know this site is mainly for SLR use.
    Now settle down and let's talk.
    No, I haven't got that camera.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day FB

Following on from am ........... while there are lots of SLR people here, [and some of 'em like to get very technical] there are also many, many P&S users too - so you can feel quite 'at home' too. I have both Panasonic P&S and Pentax SLR - and BTW, many others here have panny P&S cameras too

Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/