Thread: Some pictures from our trip to Japan *Dialup Warning*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some pictures from our trip to Japan *Dialup Warning*

Hi peeps, not sure if I've posted this in the right area. I just wanted to share a few images from our trip to Japan. I thought some people might enjoy them. 99% we're taken with my 5dmk2 and 24-70L, a handful with my 35L. I took along my flash too but actually only used it once or twice. The rest were a combination of my iphone and my partners point and shoot.

I planned to do a blog entry every day but ended up having so much fun that doing it everyday just wasn't feasable so I did an entry every few days. If anyones interested feel free to check it out. Just follow the link in my signature and follow the blog link on the top of the page.

I didn't mean to post so many images, I just have so many favourites... We had so many great times on this trip!

Hope you enjoy.

Checking in at the airport, 3am.

Yodobashi Camera

Gold Pavilion Temple, Kyoto

Souvenir shopping in Kyoto

Some dressed up tourists in Kyoto, the guy was also a photographer doing a photoshoot with of his partner

Dinner at a rooftop bar in Gion

Yakiniku (Korean BBQ), the restaurant was called Toraji, absolutely blew me away it was delicious

Sumo's even shop at Yodobashi!

Tokyo Disneyland

Tokyo Disneyland

Somewhere in Shinjuku

Sensoji Temple

Sensoji Temple

Sensoji Temple

18 photo panorama taken and processed with my iphone of Nishi-Shinjuku

Ryokan we stayed at in country Kyoto

23 photo panorama of Kyoto Station

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great set of images from what looks like a great holiday, it would of been hard walking out of the camera shop without some toys
    fav would be the bridge with the carp
    canon 5D mark III tamron 24-70 2.8 vc, 50mm 1.8, tamrom 70-200 2.8 vc, remote tripod
    perseverance

Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great set of images from what looks like a great holiday, it would of been hard walking out of the camera shop without some toys

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nixworries View Post
    The camera store was one of the highlights for me. I've never seen so much gear on display! They sell all kinds of stuff not just cameras, the store spans 10 levels and is pretty big. It's pretty overwhelming actually, all I eneded up buying in the end was a leather wrist strap for my camera which cost me a whole $15, and a case for my iphone. We went back another 2 times to different stores around Japan. I was about to buy a Fuji X100 at the Osaka store on our last day but they'd run out of stock. Probably a good thing as my bank account took a real beating this past 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    I remember Kyoto Station. I was there in December 2000. Amazing building, especially that huge tiered outdoor area.
    Osaka Station looked even more full on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffa View Post
    The camera store was one of the highlights for me. I've never seen so much gear on display! They sell all kinds of stuff not just cameras, the store spans 10 levels and is pretty big. It's pretty overwhelming actually, all I eneded up buying in the end was a leather wrist strap for my camera which cost me a whole $15, and a case for my iphone. We went back another 2 times to different stores around Japan. I was about to buy a Fuji X100 at the Osaka store on our last day but they'd run out of stock. Probably a good thing as my bank account took a real beating this past 2 weeks!

Osaka Station looked even more full on!
    Yeah, but not as cool
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember Kyoto Station. I was there in December 2000. Amazing building, especially that huge tiered outdoor area.

Scotty