Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Aperture Question

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aperture Question

Can I do a batch convert from tiff to jpg in Aperture. I have Aperture 2 but have never used it much. If anyone can offer step by step instructions I'd be very grateful
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    First let me say that this is my first post in yonks, but your plaintive plea tuggethed at my conscience and I put down my real work to help (send money, not flowers...). Now that you are feeling suitably guilty, here be the response:

Yes, you can. You select the images you want to convert to jpeg. Right-click on one of the images and select Export|Versions from the context menu. You should see an export dialogue prompting for location, filename change if appropriate etc. Adjust these as required. Select from the drop-down list one of the jpeg format exports - there's full size, and a range of reduced size presets to choose from. Click on OK and wait for Aperture to do the conversion (it could take a while if there are lots of big tiffs).

At this point, Bob should be your uncle. Make fast and loose with your new jpegs, happy in the knowledge that your tiffs are still snoozing safe and secure in Aperture.

Regards,
    Calx
    Calxoddity
    Concert Pianist, Test Pilot, Pathological Liar

Nikon D40, Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4.5 HSM, Nikkor AF-D 50mm f1.8
    Post Processing: Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 6