In my rush to get to work the other day, I dropped a camera, lens first, down onto Cement. It feel about 1 meter and landed with a crunch then bounced base first under my car into a puddle.
It actually dug a cut into the cement with the lens filter ring. I felt sick.

Now I will tell you it was a Canon 5D with a Canon L series TS-E 24mm attached and fell head first onto the focus ring. Yes, I still feel sick.

The obvious damage, the lens cap is cracked, a goner. The filter ring on the lens is bashed back a little and the lens filter screw in on the end is no longer 100% round.

I checked the lens over and I see no further damage and nothing rattles (Thank goodness). I squeezed off a few shots, tried the focus ring (still has a smooth action) and checked the tilt and shift.
I have checked out the photos since and they all look ok. Either I have been very lucky or the lens will fall apart another day

I can't see the dented filter ring in the photos so it is not dented back far enough. Any ideas on what kind of damage doing this could do ? Any ideas on what I can do with the lens and camera to fully check it out ?

I have tried the camera at both extremes of focus, tried tilt up/down and shift + swivel. I have also tried zooming in on the final pictures and they look fine.

I know the L series lens and 5D body are made to bounce ... but on cement ?

Maybe I should go out and buy a lottery ticket. going off this as an example, I would not win first prize but I feel like I could win the second or third ... with my partial luck