afternoon all ,
My local Ag ( very very small ) show has started its advertising and in the paper this morning was a bit about a special photo competition ring this number to find out yadayada........so I did.

It turns out to be a competition between the area show committee's. You take 5 photos in your local show pavilion ( where they have the handicrafts, schools stuff, cooking wool etc ) with no people in them. Special permission is granted to have access to the pavilion on the evening before judging.
Submit your 5 prints ( mounted on cardboard ) before the end of the month to the P A & H society for judging. No entry fee.....prize money $50.

The winning entry is then judged against the winning entries from the other P A & H societies . The prize money for that ( 1st $500 ) is awarded to the P A & H society. Its basically a fund raising idea for the show societies I reckon and I have no problem with that. They struggle really badly trying to raise the readies.

But I had a problem with the wording on the entry. It stated " once submitted the ownership is given to the show society".
I asked them to change it to once " submitted the photos have a restricted licence to the P A & H society...which they happily did.

I cant see how I can stand to make a million $ out of pics of an old, dark dusty badly lit shed but they are my pics......I am happy for them to use them but I don't think they should own them?

What do you reckon?
cheers
Jan