User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: has anyone used the Fotopro C-5i with FPH51G Ball Head Tripod ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has anyone used the Fotopro C-5i with FPH51G Ball Head Tripod ?

I know you need to invest in a good tripod as i have a couple of great ones..but i have a mate who is just starting out and is on a budget and is after one around the $100 mark

came across this... was wondering if anyone has used it before. looks similar to the benro travel angel series

http://phototechnology.wordpress.com...51g-ball-head/

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My belief is that it's always worth taking a chance, keeping in mind the possibility that your mate may have to make a few(or a lot of) compromises to make this thing work as well as he can get it too.

that is; don't expect to mount a 300mm f/5.6 lens with a 2x teleconverter(hence producing a 600mm f/11 lens) and not get some form of vibration induced blur in the images.. etc, etc, ad nauseum ....

Also! don't confuse exposure delay in a camera to produce the exact same effect as a proper mirror lockup feature either.
    Bot of which can be handy features for these small lightweight 'iff' tripods when the situation calls for it.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fotopro C-5i

Hi,

I just stumbled across this tripod/monopod.
    How has your mate found using this tripod? I am also wondering whether it is a good option to go with considering its double up feature of being both a tripod and monopod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    My belief is that it's always worth taking a chance, keeping in mind the possibility that your mate may have to make a few(or a lot of) compromises to make this thing work as well as he can get it too.

that is; don't expect to mount a 300mm f/5.6 lens with a 2x teleconverter(hence producing a 600mm f/11 lens) and not get some form of vibration induced blur in the images.. etc, etc, ad nauseum ....

Also! don't confuse exposure delay in a camera to produce the exact same effect as a proper mirror lockup feature either.
    Bot of which can be handy features for these small lightweight 'iff' tripods when the situation calls for it.
    I doubt anyone who can afford a 300 f5.6 + 2x tele will be buying a sub $100 tripod. LoL.

But jokes aside, stick to reputable brands when it comes to cheap tripods. No brand cheap tripods are really flimsy.