User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: Site Outage (tonight) Sunday 12th June 2011

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Site Outage (tonight) Sunday 12th June 2011

I apologise for the site outage this evening. We discovered a bug in the site software at 8.30, which resulted in 58,000 threads being suddenly moved from their relevant forums into the Photo of the Week forum.

Kym has restored them all via database to the forums they should have been in.

So..back to regular programming now.

Sorry!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I apologise for the site outage this evening. We discovered a bug in the site software at 8.30, which resulted in 58,000 threads being suddenly moved from their relevant forums into the Photo of the Week forum.

Kym has restored them all via database to the forums they should have been in.

So..back to regular programming now.

Sorry!
    Yeah, I didn't think that this site was that old
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, a lot of the posts r still there.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, we have now moved the last ones manually. We had about 20-30 to move, which may now be in different forums to where the member posted them. We just looked at content and decided which forum to move them to. Sorry if anyone's thread end up in a different forum to where they started out.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fixed the threads started up to this morning's backup (3am) and we had to fix any other started today by hand.

What went wrong?

A moderator wanted to move the 3 poll threads to the POTW from the staging area... and used the bulk move feature ... which moved all non sticky threads ~58,000 of them to the POTW forum - yikes.

Said un-named mod did nothing wrong, there is a fault in the move thread code. If you move threads individually all is well.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff